Author Topic: Chambers Oil and Permalyn Sealer  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
Chambers Oil and Permalyn Sealer
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:56:34 PM »
Hello all,

I am in the later stages of a project and hoped to finish this week when I realized I do not have enough of the Chamber's Oil finish.  I have applied one coat of it to the stock.  I do have a full bottle of Permalyn Sealer, can that be placed over the Chamber's Oil???

Cory Joe Stewart

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
Re: Chambers Oil and Permalyn Sealer
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
Absolutely.  I like the finished product better with Chambers though.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
I do to, that one coat got me the reddish undertone that the Chamber's oil gives. 

Hemo

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 04:21:34 PM »
Lots of people have combined the two with no problem. Some time ago, I actually e-mailed Jim Chambers and asked if they were compatible, and he said that, chemically, no they were not and did not recommend combining them. Based on that advice from the maker, I stuck with the Chambers oil and didn't combine them. As I said though, there are plenty of reports from people who have used the two together without mishap. Pick your advice! Just sayin'.

Gregg

Offline Frank

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »
Call Jim Chambers and buy another can of his oil finish. The week it may take for you to get another can is well worth it. Don't take a chance on screwing up your rifle. That is all I ever use, after trying numerous others for over 40 years.