Author Topic: Wire Inlay link  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Long Ears

Wire Inlay link
« on: August 09, 2017, 02:49:51 AM »
Sorry to bug you guys but somebody not too long ago posted a link to a tutorial on how someone did wire work. I can't find the tread to watch it again. The guy told us where to get the tools. Naturally I didn't bookmark it! Thanks, Bob

Offline PPatch

Re: Wire Inlay link
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:54:15 PM »
Here is a Paul Hamler two-part video on wire inlay. It is pretty basic but lots of good info. Taylor Sapergia has a wire inlay tutorial on ALR, the problem with it is the photos which Photobucket is currently holding ransom.

You will need to make your stabbing tools, I've made several out of old screwdrivers, but they can be made out of wire and other steel material, they are not difficult to fabricate. The points must be highly polished.

dave
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:57:17 PM by PPatch »
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline dogcatcher

Re: Wire Inlay link
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:11:42 PM »
This is the link mentioned above.  http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=31036.0

But the pics are gone.  I keep notes on stuff that interests me, and make pdf's of that info.  Sometimes I am in locations that I do not have access to the Internet, so the pdf's come in handy, I print them out. 

I happen to have this tutorial complete with pics.  How do you post a pdf on this forum?  If someone can do that I will email it to them. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:19:59 PM by dogcatcher »