Author Topic: TVM and Bob Roller Flintlock  (Read 3035 times)

josiah7

TVM and Bob Roller Flintlock
« on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »
This is my first post on the ALR forum. I recently purchased a used TVM Southern flintlock from TOW. One of the reasons I bought it was because they said it had a Bob Roller flintlock. I'm really happy to have the gun. I've owned a few other muzzleloaders from T/C and TVM, but I consider this the best gun that I've ever owned. I have some (a lot) of questions about the lock and was hoping this would be the correct forum for me to ask them. Let me know if one of the other forums would be better. I don't mind at all posting my questions here for anybody's comments. I do see that Mr. Roller posts on ALR too though. Thanks

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: TVM and Bob Roller Flintlock
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 07:03:47 PM »
Welcome, josiah7.  I have an iron mounted TVM SMR .36 and really do like it.  I've had it for years and it gets shot a lot.  Mine weighs next to nothing and it's like toting a BB gun; and talk about accurate!  I can understand why you like yours so much.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »
Josiah7,

Welcome to ALR.  Great to have you with us.  You are very lucky to have a rifle with a lock by Mr. Roller.  And your post is in the right place, so ask away.

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 08:06:19 PM »
If you remove the lock and look at the back,  it will be stamped Bob Roller.  How the stamping is configured will determine when the lock was made.  If you show a picture of that stamping, Bob will probably identify it for you.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
If you remove the lock and look at the back,  it will be stamped Bob Roller.  How the stamping is configured will determine when the lock was made.  If you show a picture of that stamping, Bob will probably identify it for you.

Slight correction. I sign my locks and triggers "Roller" in a semi circle
and since 1989 with USA in the semi circle. July of 1989 was the last year
I used a year date. Some of them from the late 60's or early 70's may
have a day/month date.With the exception of a few made for a Texas
builder I always put my name INSIDE the lock

Bob Roller