Author Topic: 55th Annual Interstate Flintlock Team Match  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
55th Annual Interstate Flintlock Team Match
« on: August 12, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »
An open invitation to all State Flintlock Teams:

Another year has passed and Kentucky’s Corps of Longriflemen are making plans for our 55th annual Interstate Flintlock Shoot at Boonesborough Ky.  This years’ festivities, like last year, will consist of two days of shooting competition on Friday, October 6, and Saturday, October 7.

Fridays’ match will be a blanket shoot at my farm near Paris, Ky.  It will be a blanket shoot consisting of paper, knock down, primitive, and creative “fun” targets. It is not a primitive dress event and most shots can be made from the box.  I have a covered firing line with benches. There will be however a few “out of the pouch” targets. We strongly urge a handmade blanket prize (please no cash, cans of powder, etc.), minimum $20.00 value with all shooters picking from the blanket. Match begins at 12:00 noon. You may shoot any target in any order. Your buddy scores your targets. The range closes at 4:30 with a pot luck meal following awards. The Corps will supply the meat and paper goods. You may camp on site. I have port-a-john, electricity, firewood, and running water. Call me if you need directions (859-361-1055)

Our Annual Interstate Flintlock shoot will be held again at the Fort Boonesborough State Park on Saturday, October 7 at noon. The only real changes this year will be the return of the 10 person team and the range location. This year we will have the shoot within the main entrance to the park. Go past the swimming pool and maintenance garage on the right, look right toward the river dam, we have an area reserved here and will conduct the entire event in that location. Please remember that this match will be shot out of the pouch in primitive attire, no spotting scopes permitted inside the roped off range area. The Corps will provide a catered meal following the match.

Please let me know by September 15 of the number of shooters that you will be bringing so that we may plan for the appropriate amounts of everything!  You may contact me at the number listed above or at stonerforge@gmail.com.

We look forward to seeing you in October.

Wayne Estes, Event Coordinator
Kentucky’s Corps of Longriflemen
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

nosrettap1958

Re: 55th Annual Interstate Flintlock Team Match
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:21:05 PM »
I'd love to go just to see who is shooting what type of rifle at that event. I can't be sure right now though.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:52:02 AM »
Crawdad,

You are welcome to come and spectate, but if you bring appropriate attire and a rifle, you will likely get drafted to fill out a team.

Here's a link to some pictures from last year's Interstate Shoot.  http://www.kyclr.com/interstate-shoot.php

-Ron
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:55:22 AM by Ky-Flinter »
Ron Winfield

Offline Robin Henderson

• AKA "Wobblyshot"
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:19:36 AM »
Sure do wish Tennessee would field a team again.
Flintlock is the only truly reliable source of ignition in a muzzle loader.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:36:38 AM »

We do too!  I believe some Tennesseans came up for the shoot 3 or 4 years ago.  Heck, I'll bet there are 10 Tennesseans here on ALR.  Come on boys.  It will be fun.

-Ron
Ron Winfield

nosrettap1958

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »
I would just go to volunteer to score targets, clean up the range and do what ever was needed.

This is a great event!!! 

Offline John SMOthermon

• John SMOthermon
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »

Me too!

There's enough people here it's just getting them all together at the same time.

One of those things you just have to take the time for. 

Smo

Good Luck & Good Shootin'

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 07:30:47 PM »
Sounds very well organized Ron.  Nicely done!
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »
Thanks Taylor, but I'm just the messenger.  After 54 years in a row, the kinks have just about been worked out by those who got this thing started. 

BTW, if you and some of your buddies come down we'll start calling it the InterNational Flintlock Shoot!

-Ron
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:41:36 PM by Ky-Flinter »
Ron Winfield

Online Stoner creek

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 02:12:09 AM »
Only a few weeks to go. If you would like to come and shoot or better yet, bring a team. P/M me!
Stop Marxism in America