Author Topic: CLA Show Photos of Accoutrements......  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Marcruger

CLA Show Photos of Accoutrements......
« on: August 20, 2017, 06:14:10 AM »
Following up my post under Gun Building, here are a few photos from the accoutrements side.  I hope you enjoy them. 

Tim Crosby was busy this year!

Tim's table.

Ron Hess from this morning.  Ron helped with selling Jay Hopkins' books all weekend as well. 

Ron's table. 

Willy Frankfort in a pensive pose.  Wild Willy's Powder Horns and Scrimshaw. 

Eric Ewing of Ewings Creek Pouches display. 

Really really nice boxes and stands by David Johnson of North Ridge Woodworking in La Crescent MN. 

This green box from David followed me home.  New range box!   Sweet...... Good prices too. 

James Rogers at left talking with Ed Wenger at right about a fowler.  James' work was impeccable as usual.  The dark brown bag he posted last we could have been sold five times at the show.  It had "Sold" on it when I found it, and several other told me they went to see the same bag.  Great talent, quiet humility. 

I took lots of other photos, so if there is something you want to see let me know.  Maybe I took a photo. 

Best wishes, and God Bless,   Marc

Offline wattlebuster

Re: CLA Show Photos of Accoutrements......
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 03:23:55 PM »
Good pics. Thanks for posting ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 05:10:07 PM »
Thanks for posting these. I believe that's the first picture I've ever seen of Tim.

Steve
Steve Skillman

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »
Hi Steve,  Tim is pretty low key, and I'll probably get in trouble for posting his photo.  ;-)  Hah. 
Here he is examining a fine original horn a fellow brought up.  Note the cool tip and leather repair. 
Best wishes, and God Bless,    Marc

Offline Ray Settanta

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 06:05:30 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 06:43:02 PM »
Now I know who I'm looking for!! LOL Also the first picture I've seen of Ron Hess. We both have each others work and he has been a staunch supporter of the West Coast Horn Fair. He, Bo Brown, and Glenn Sutt were fellow students of Art's . Once again, thanks for the pictures.

Steve
Steve Skillman

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 08:00:03 PM »
I am glad the photos are enjoyable folks.  Just sharing some of the good time I had.

Steve, yes, that is an elusive photo of Ron Hess.   :-)  The smile seems to be perpetually on display. 

Best wishes,   Marc

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 12:07:33 AM »
Just for info, here is what one of David Johnson's boxes looks like with some tools of the trade inside.  My place to shoot is 45 minutes north of me, so I bring "everything" with me like a good Boy Scout.  Nothing ruins a day like driving 45 minutes and finding out my powder or patching is at home.  This box holds all of my "plunder" with room for more.  Best wishes, and God Bless,   Marc

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 12:26:55 AM »
I thought you all would appreciate this cool horn from Ron Hess at the CLA show.  It is a spotted Berks County horn.  Apparently the spots are not as easy as they look to apply, and to make color fast over time.  I really like Ron's version, and informed him that it definitely answers to the name "Spot".  Lol.  Ron has been quite adventurous lately with a variety of horn styles.  I really like the tip on this one, and well as the architecture. 

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 12:31:17 AM »
One of Tim Crosby's horns he is holding in the photo above.  This one has lots to enjoy, including those pinned pewter bands.  Tim explained to me how they were made.  I was thinking, "Wow, he has to be determined to go through all of that to get pewter bands on the horn!"  I think this one would look good posed with Mark Silver's wire embellished rifle.  Best wishes,   Marc

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 01:20:35 AM »
Thanks for the pictures Marc!
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Online BOB HILL

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 05:52:51 AM »
Thanks for the great pictures, Mark. There is so much fine work to be seen at the show. It is just to much for me to take in. Two days is just not long enough for me to see it all.        Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline Jerry

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 02:25:47 PM »
Marc, Many "Thanks" for the pictures. I am unable to attend the shows anymore and have enjoyed these very much. Take Care. Regards, Jerry

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 06:02:46 PM »
  Bob I agree. You almost need a GPS to remember where an what you seen.
  Tim does an amazing job on his horns. Very talented! Thanks again for posting Marc. I just missed meeting you! Oldtravler

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »
I am so pleased you all enjoyed the photos. The big thought about the show that keeps playing over in my mind.....the items are cool, but the PEOPLE are incredible. Best wishes, Marc

Offline Gun Butcher

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 03:30:09 AM »
Thanks for posting these Marc. Really enjoy looking at the pictures.

Ron
Member Honorable Company of Horners
Member of the CLA

Offline EricEwing

• https://www.ericewingmaker.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »
Thanks for posting these! And nice to meet you at the show too!
Eric