Author Topic: Range box?  (Read 2158 times)

Offline davebozell

Range box?
« on: September 28, 2017, 02:13:43 AM »
Just received this in the mail today.  At first I thought it was just a random assortment of items in a cool old box.  After receiving it, and looking it over a little more carefully, I think I might have stumbled on an old range box.  The box itself is very plain with two small, fixed compartments.  The small powder horn appears to be old and has no signs of ever having an attached strap.  The bag mold is about 0.37" and also appears to be old.  Also included was a small sharpening stone, a broken ball starter, a small screwdriver, a 30-06 casing for a powder measure, some patches, and what appear to be target templates.  Could this have been a kit for a pistol?

Offline smokinbuck

Re: Range box?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:16:42 PM »
Could be. I picked up an old sewing box years ago that was made of inlayed walnut, just liked the box. Inside we're 4 wooden shotgun rods, an ink bottle of caps and 2 original Colt pistol flasks. Liked the box even better after that.
Mark
Mark

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 07:37:03 PM »
Maybe -- many old boxes were re-purposed ;) ;).
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Mick C

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 11:29:27 PM »
What a great find!!  Love the box and all the contents!
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!