Author Topic: how to get in touch with Bobby Hoyt???  (Read 2741 times)

Offline adkmountainken

how to get in touch with Bobby Hoyt???
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:17:17 AM »
I have tried morning, noon and night for 3 days now to try and get in touch with Mr. Hoyt but no luck, any suggestions??

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: how to get in touch with Bobby Hoyt???
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:28:14 PM »
It took me a couple of weeks, I got him to answer his phone at 9:00 am.

He has been or may still be on a vacation and may be catching up before he starts taking calls again.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:33:19 PM »
He's probably busy working on the ONE HUNDRED MILLION barrels I ordered from him.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:37:30 PM »
Back when Bill Large was active his shop would have running two planers,two deep hole drills
and maybe three rifling machines.One of the rifling machines was an 1898 vintage
sine bar machine with miter gear drive and it could be heard thru closed doors in
winter.Bill would be away from the phone running a Bridgeport mill and also hearing
impaired,the chance of him hearing the phone was zero. I answered it so many times
that I took it as a job when I was in his shop.
If Bobby Hoyt has a similar noisy shop then he may not always be close to a phone
to hear it.Keep trying.

Bob Roller

Offline Ezra

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 06:01:10 PM »
Yeah, Bobby is always busy.  He might have snuck out to get some deer hunting in.

Ez
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 08:38:21 PM »
Write him a LETTER -- yes - you know the kind- piece of paper, pen, write words on the paper to the effect asking what you want and in a short time he will write back. This might sound "glib" but he IS a busy man and has no time to stop what he is doing and answer the phone. I wrote him a letter asking for  barrel work and within two weeks I got a reply along with a list of all his services - no fuss - no muss and no miss-understands.
I understand that he moved his shop(?) and I don't know if this is his new address or his old one but someone here can let you know which one it is - good luck. The Freischutz Shop 2379 Mount Hope Rd. Fairfield, PA 17320.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

amateurhour

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 07:09:42 PM »
A letter is a good way to get in touch with him. Also he closed the shop for a couple of months last year and wasn't answering the phone from like January to March.

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 05:39:18 PM »
We should all chip in and buy him an answering machine.  :)