Author Topic: Signed G F Beerstecher  (Read 2191 times)

Online Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Signed G F Beerstecher
« on: November 17, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »
Does anyone recognize the maker of this take down rifle

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:55:39 AM by Shreckmeister »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
Re: Signed G B
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:47:08 PM »
Barger, George – unknown – Mark Laudenslager identifies him as working in Limestone Township, but no county is given."

Beerstecher, G.F. – ca. 1860 – Lewisburg – Possibly the same as Frederick Beerstecher

Boyer, George – 1855 – Jackson Township, Snyder Co. He was listed as a gunsmith in 1855 but none of his guns have ever been identified.  There have also been suggestions that a Daniel Boyer also worked in Snyder County, but no evidence has yet been found to verify this information.

( From the ALR Museum Library Upper Susq Makers publication)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:52:16 PM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 09:17:37 PM »
Another G. B. Is George Bean, not sure anyone knows what his guns looked like.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Online Shreckmeister

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 12:54:01 AM »
The barrel is signed GFB it must be George Beerstecher.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

n stephenson

Re: Signed G F Beerstecher
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 06:15:29 PM »
Shreckmeister, That is a cool rifle . I don`t know if you were buying it or not , but I hope it ends up in a good home. If you can , show more!  Thanks Nate

Online Shreckmeister

Re: Signed G F Beerstecher
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:04:37 PM »
Too Rich for my blood Nate. $5k if anyone interested contact The Horse Soldier