Author Topic: Antique Maine Halfstock Percussion Fowler marked Wheeler & Lawrence  (Read 576 times)

Offline 44-henry

I have for sale a very nice little antique percussion fowler marked Wheeler & Lawrence of Farmington Maine. This is in very nice condition with a working lock and thick barrel that could be easily cleaned up. Very nice engraving on what appears to be German silver furniture, original ebonized ramrod with spun tip, horn nose piece, and a beautifully done wooden underib. The stock is in nice condition with one crack on the lock bolt side heading towards the tang, this does not seem to have weakened the stock though it could be repaired. The lock is in good working order and the original nipple is present, though badly worn and in need of replacement. The barrel wall is very thick and the bore could be easily cleaned up. The critical dimensions are:

Breech: 1.167
Muzzle: .820
Bore: .564
Length of Barrel: 32 1/2"
Pull: 14 1/2"
Drop: 2 3/4

Price is $375 + actual shipping to your location. I package all guns in a custom plywood case so it will arrive to your location safely. If you have any questions please let me know.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:47:32 PM by 44-henry »

Offline VP

Re: Antique Maine Halfstock Percussion Fowler marked Wheeler & Lawrence
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:27:39 AM »
You have a PM

VP

Offline 44-henry

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 04:16:02 AM »
Sold

Offline Nit Wit

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »
I have a wheeler, I won two primitive biathlons with it last year.
nice buck and ball gun
Nit Wit

Offline Jerry Girard

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 01:34:33 AM »
Hello,
I just joined the forum. I collect Maine Made Guns and am assembling quality photos for a photographic book on the Maine guns & as a companion one to Dwight Demerit's "Guns Made in Maine & Their Makers". I would be interested in hearing about other guns made in Maine and of course would like to purchase if available. Also Maine gunsmith original advertising.
Regards,
Jerry