Author Topic: Kibler kit  (Read 7478 times)

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: Kibler kit
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 04:28:55 AM »
  There's several thing's to admire Jim's kits for (no I don't have one)
 One is there easy to build..even for a newbie...two...It gives a person the right architecture an parts for a smr..three...as has been proven they are tack drivers.. Maybe I should just get one..But I sure like building from a blank an making my own thimbles an stuff.. But then again there is that colonial style gun coming up...hmmmm Santa..

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 06:41:44 AM »
Nicely done, Dane.  Finishing technique is excellent!

Ed
Ed Wenger

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »
That is one fine, warm finishing job. Both the metal and the wood.  A lot to appreciate there.  God Bless,   Marc

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2017, 12:58:01 AM »
Smallpatch,

That's a really nice job of finishing your rifle.  Real warm and inviting.  Great job!

Wow!  Concerns about the kit being too easy!  Go figure....

Seriously, there definetely is a place for these.  The overwhelming response we've received since launching these products is a testiment to this.  Here are a few things to consider.

For somone who has expereince, they are pretty quick and easy to assemble.  For those with less skill and experience, it takes a little more work and effort to make a really fine rifle out of one.  The vast majority of aspiring builders fall into this category.

Those with more expereince can still learn a great deal from these.  These kits have all the care one of my high end custom rifles would have.  In short, for many it's a great example of a fine rifle that can be a good learning tool.  How many rifles are made today with poor shape and design?  Even by those with ability.

Finally, if you want to make money, a kit like this is a great starting point.  Especially our latest offering.

Building guns from a blank will always be the mainstay for many, but this certainly is an option and a step forward.  Once you experience something easy, it's hard to step back, though.  Human nature...

A final point...  We've worked super hard to make a product that is properly designed and executed.  For years, many muzzleloading products have been sub-par at best.  It's a bad situation when a someone has to fix a bunch of mistakes.  Especially if they don't have a lot of experience.  We don't want to do business this way.  Things can move forward and it's a good thing.

So, enough of my pontificating.  Thank you all!

Jim

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2017, 02:48:27 AM »
Jim,
I believe you have accomplished what you sit out to do. I think your kits will help the long rifle culture by attracting both young and older folk that have always had an interest but didn't necessarily have the confidence to try their hand at building a rifle. Of course some of the factory kits were fairly easy to put together but the finished product was not very attractive nor very dependable to use after putting it together.

With your kit and a few hours work they can have a great looking rifle AND not have to worry about it miss-firing half the time.
Dennis

Smallpatch,

That's a really nice job of finishing your rifle.  Real warm and inviting.  Great job

Wow!  Concerns about the kit being too easy!  Go figure....

Seriously, there definetely is a place for these.  The overwhelming response we've received since launching these products is a testiment to this.  Here are a few things to consider.

For somone who has expereince, they are pretty quick and easy to assemble.  For those with less skill and experience, it takes a little more work and effort to make a really fine rifle out of one.  The vast majority of aspiring builders fall into this category.

Those with more expereince can still learn a great deal from these.  These kits have all the care one of my high end custom rifles would have.  In short, for many it's a great example of a fine rifle that can be a good learning tool.  How many rifles are made today with poor shape and design?  Even by those with ability.

Finally, if you want to make money, a kit like this is a great starting point.  Especially our latest offering.

Building guns from a blank will always be the mainstay for many, but this certainly is an option and a step forward.  Once you experience something easy, it's hard to step back, though.  Human nature...

A final point...  We've worked super hard to make a product that is properly designed and executed.  For years, many muzzleloading products have been sub-par at best.  It's a bad situation when a someone has to fix a bunch of mistakes.  Especially if they don't have a lot of experience.  We don't want to do business this way.  Things can move forward and it's a good thing.

So, enough of my pontificating.  Thank you all!

Jim
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson