Author Topic: Bobby Hoyt's #  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Nit Wit

Bobby Hoyt's #
« on: December 13, 2017, 05:12:41 PM »
Looking for Bobby Hoyt's phone #. I have a bad spot in a barrel.
Thanks
Nit Wit

Offline sqrldog

Re: Bobby Hoyt's #
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:10:12 PM »
Bobby Hoyt 717-642-6696.  Talked to him last week. He can be hard to get on the telephone. He just bored out and rerifled a barrel for me. Results as always excellent.  He also makes a great barrel. Nice guy to work with and knows a lot about muzzleloading barrels. Tim

Offline Nit Wit

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 08:23:50 PM »
T:
Thank You.
NW

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
Bob is a genius with barrels.  If I ever told y'all about what he did with a mid-18th century French double gun barrel assembly I sent to him, I don't think anyone would believe me.  But hot d**m, he worked it out and I shot the darned thing repeatedly when he was done with it.  A 1750-1760 era gun!  THE BEST guy to deal with when it comes to weird barrel situations or barrels that need 'help.'
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline Chris Evrard

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 12:43:08 AM »
Funny this came up. I visited his shop yesterday. Genius may be an understatement. He hand built half the machines in that shop. Truly amazing and a very warm guy. That field trip was the highlight of my week.

Chris E.

Treebeard

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 08:46:04 PM »
Funny this came up. I visited his shop yesterday. Genius may be an understatement. He hand built half the machines in that shop. Truly amazing and a very warm guy. That field trip was the highlight of my week.

Chris E.

I hope to get by his shop one day. He has helped me out on a number of muzzleloading and breechloaders over the years. In some cases he turned a non shooting firearm into a safe shooter.