Author Topic: Frank Bitterlich Derringer Nashville Maker  (Read 1783 times)

Offline 1sogdusm

Frank Bitterlich Derringer Nashville Maker
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:52:30 PM »
I have acquired a Frank Bitterlich derringer that is in need of some repair.  Bitterlich made guns in Nashville, Tn. From 1860-186???. His work is historically significant and several of his pistols are on display at the Hermitage ( Andrew Jackson home) in Nashville.  The hammer is broken along with the nipple and there is a crack in the wood that will need repair.  It may also need some repair to a small missing section of the German Silver trigger guard. I am looking for the right person that can do a good job and is familiar with handling antique arms repair.  The pics show the derringer loosely assembled, I have all the bolts and screws but do not have the top part of hammer. I disassembled the derringer to get an idea of overall condition. All recommendations on a good antique gunsmith will be appreciated. My goal is to restore function while maintaining the appearance as much as possible.

Offline Howard

Re: Frank Bitterlich Derringer Nashville Maker
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:47:35 AM »
Chris Hirsch can help you with a hammer.

Offline Frank Graves

Re: Frank Bitterlich Derringer Nashville Maker
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
This Bitterlich set is in the Virtual Museum: http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=16097.0

I know Chris and can send him, or anyone else that you select, good pictures of anything that you need.