Author Topic: 2018 Alabama Kentucky Rifle Show  (Read 1320 times)

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
2018 Alabama Kentucky Rifle Show
« on: January 16, 2018, 12:17:22 AM »
I know that a couple of others have posted about the show but I wanted to post and say a big thank you to all of those who had tables and all that visited the show.

We again sold out on tables even with the bad weather, which really turned out not to be very bad at the show. I think some of the areas just to our north did have some bad weather that made the roads a little tough to travel. To my knowledge nobody that came to the show had any trouble getting to the show or getting home.

We had a great line up of table holders with many great rifles. It would be hard to mention them all so all I can say is thanks to all of you for making this show one of the best Kentucky rifle shows available.

I would like to mention that Herb McGehee was the winner of the Tomahawk that I made that we raffled off at the show. Sorry I do not have a picture of that and that James Mitchell was the lucky table holder that won the vendor door prize which was a Damascus Dagger that I crafted for the show . Jim had to leave the show a little early so he was not available for a picture but here is a picture of the dagger.

We also made a special presentation to one of the long standing fellow collectors that unfortunately has had some health issues over that last few years and had not been able to attend the shows. Stanley Bourgeois is well thought of in the collecting community and loves the southern rifles. Tim Hodges had the idea to present Stanley with a fine southern rifle and a few of us that know Stanley got together with Tim and pooled our funds to get Stan this signed McGilvery southern rifle. Stan's health has improved and was able to attend the show and the plans were made to present the rifle to him at the show. I was very honored to have this done at the AL - KY show. Thanks to Tim Hodges and all of the guys that donated to get this rifle for Stan.

I am also proud to announce that the show was a success and that we will do another show in 2019 on Jan. the 10th, 11th and 12th. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:19:40 AM by bama »
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: 2018 Alabama Kentucky Rifle Show
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 01:11:23 AM »
I enjoyed eating lunch with your Jim and all the other fine folks, it sure brightened my day.

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

Re: 2018 Alabama Kentucky Rifle Show
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:48:32 AM »
 ;) ;) ;)... Thanx to you, Jim ... I had a great time ... was my first time to have a table display, and everything went smooth ... That was an honourable thing to do for Stan ... He is another fine fellow who is always happy to "talk old guns" ... !!!