Author Topic: Thompson Center Wedge Pin Puller  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Hood

• Starting Member
Thompson Center Wedge Pin Puller
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:14:24 AM »
Does anyone use this tool? I've wondered about it for a long time thinking it might help, but not sure it's worth it. Looks to me like it could damage the stock using it....

Offline Greg Pennell

Re: Thompson Center Wedge Pin Puller
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 03:12:21 AM »
The one that looks like a tiny claw hammer?  I can’t see how it could NOT scar your stock and/ or escutcheons. Make a small parallel sided brass or nylon punch that fits the end of the wedge and push them out.

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Black Hand

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:15:22 AM »
Make a small parallel sided brass or nylon punch that fits the end of the wedge and push them out.
I used a flat-blade screwdriver...

Offline John SMOthermon

• John SMOthermon
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 03:16:13 AM »
Does anyone use this tool? I've wondered about it for a long time thinking it might help, but not sure it's worth it. Looks to me like it could damage the stock using it....

I have used one before, if you roll it back like a claw hammer to pull the keys it can damage the wood.
I always just slipped the claw under the head of the wedge pin then pulled it straight out.
Smo

Good Luck & Good Shootin'

Offline Hood

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 03:22:33 AM »
Thanks for the info. Pretty much confirmed my thoughts. I think what would work best is something like another wedge pin that is a little longer and knock it out from the other side. Thanks again.

Black Hand

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 03:44:27 AM »
All you need to do is start it - the friction will reduce and you can remove the wedge with your fingers...

Offline prairieofthedog

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 07:00:44 AM »
My wedges usually stick out the far side a tad.I have the TC Tool that I glued a piece of leather to the nose of it.Tap the wedge in,and grab it with the claw on the other side and jerk it out.If I want to lever it out with the claw,I just put a credit card or piece of leather under it.

Offline Longknife

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 05:48:17 PM »
Get one of these.....

[urlhttps://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/1041/1/TOOL-KEY-B][/url]
Ed Hamberg

Offline Flint62Smoothie

All of my muzzleloaders will shoot into one ragged hole ALL DAY LONG ... it's just the 2nd or 3rd & other shots that tend to open up my groups ... !