Author Topic: The Rifle Shoppe  (Read 3216 times)

saltland

The Rifle Shoppe
« on: February 23, 2018, 05:04:08 PM »
 How is this company to deal with as far as promptness of delivery etc?It would be much more convenient if you could order online like almost all internet shops.
  scott

Offline alex e.

Re: The Rifle Shoppe
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »
They are wonderful to deal with, honest and exceptionally prompt service.

NOT.     :o.   NOT
My last transaction with them took six years And that was the last.
They're products are unique but thier customer service model stinks.
They could be telling you the truth or lying to you just to appease you.
I was dealt it all.
Consumer beware.

I am being brutally honest from my own experiences and that of close friends
Good luck to you.
Uva uvam videndo varia fit

saltland

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 06:33:53 PM »
Thanks....no more replies needed.How can a place like that stay in business?!
Scott

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 07:09:24 PM »
Thanks....no more replies needed.How can a place like that stay in business?!
Scott

People dig for gold and diamonds where those might be found, someday.
Andover, Vermont

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 07:49:13 PM »
My advice would be to call (and call, and call, and call) until someone answers the phone.  If your parts are in, great, order.  If not, don't order.
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
 It's OK to order from the rifle shop if your young.  I emailed them for a catalog a few years ago. I'm 80 years old now and don't know if I'll get it in time to die or not.  I have heard of people who got stuff from them.
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 08:01:18 PM »
My advice would be to call (and call, and call, and call) until someone answers the phone.  If your parts are in, great, order.  If not, don't order.

It took 9 months to get our first son here and the same for 2 sets of parts
for left and right flintlocks for Bud Garrot in Tn.I had a hard time making
usable locks from them and never again.
I have no idea why they are the way they are but like Jerrywh,I am past 80
and will work as long as I feel like it with parts on hand or easily available
like the L&R parts or the Chambers late Ketland when available.

Bob Roller

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:58:10 PM »
I bought and received several items from the Rifle Shoppe, but that was years ago.  Email worked the best at the time but now I can not get them to answer the phone or email.  I come to the conclusion that can make just about any part they sell advertise faster than they could get it to me.
Dave

Offline runastav

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 12:23:11 AM »
Some positive to the guys in TRS  my catalog from them 2007-8 is very nice :)
Helsing Runar

Offline Elnathan

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 12:30:41 AM »
I come to the conclusion that can make just about any part they sell advertise faster than they could get it to me.
Dave

Seems like there is a business opportunity out there for someone, either making parts a la Rifle Shoppe + actual customer service, or just drawing up detailed blueprints for all those obscure military pieces so that those who are of a mind to do so could make decent reproductions from scratch. Kind of hard to build a good repro of a military piece from pictures in books.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 02:22:28 AM »
The one time I wanted to order something from them was a few yrs back. Tried for several days to get them on the phone and to answer an email. Guess my money wasnt green enough.
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline alex e.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 02:39:47 AM »
I bought and received several items from the Rifle Shoppe, but that was years ago.  Email worked the best at the time but now I can not get them to answer the phone or email.  I come to the conclusion that can make just about any part they sell advertise faster than they could get it to me.
Dave

Email, WOW! I never ever got a response
Uva uvam videndo varia fit

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 02:47:13 AM »
Dave

Email, WOW! I never ever got a response

I just found my Rifle Shoppe Catalog and it's 2002-2003.

Bob Roller

Hemo

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 03:10:59 AM »
I just called them the other day to see if a catalog is available. I was surprised to get hold of them on the first call. The woman I talked to said they were working on taking product photos for a new catalog and there would be no available catalog for sale until that was done, but that new photos should be appearing one at a time on their online catalog as they are taken. She said to keep checking in every couple of months (for what period she was unclear).

It is true that if they say they have it in stock, they will send it to you. A few years back, I ordered an assembled German wheellock from them, and was amazed to receive it in about a week, nicely assembled in good working order!

On the other hand I have never had any luck contacting them on email or leaving a phone message.

I am aware that they had to move their whole operation recently since a new highway was being built right through their business.That move is apparently done.
Anyway, they do have rare stuff that's unavailable elsewhere, but unless they can tell you by phone that it's on their shelf, don't expect to see it anytime  soon.

Gregg

P.S. Note that their contact info has changed since their move, and this appears to be the current update:

The Rifle Shoppe, Inc.
870740 S HWY 177
Wellston, OK  74881
405-356-2583 Tel
405-356-9663 Fax
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:25:41 AM by Hemo »

Online Clint

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 03:30:57 AM »
I have bought a couple of locusts from the rifle shop over the phone. I had a very enjoyable conversation with the woman and gave her a short list of locks I was interested in. She told me what they had in stock and I had my choices inside a week. Investment casting in steel is an arduous process. I have done a bunch of bronze investments and won't go back to it. The whole process takes time and multiple vendors. Ask what they have and get what they have or wait, or build from scratch. The locks I bought from them were very interesting and they built with minimal effort. I vote in favor for The Rifle Shop!

Big Wolf

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 02:44:48 AM »
I tried to contact them at least a dozen times before I got someone to answer. I wanted to buy a catalog so I could see what parts they had available and I was told they were in the process of making a new one. The lady took my information and promised to let me know when the new catalog arrived, that was at least four years ago.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:46:04 AM by Big Wolf »

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 04:00:55 AM »
Ok, we have enough responses for people to inform their views, so am locking it. 
Andover, Vermont