Author Topic: Bag #2  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Brokennock

Bag #2
« on: February 24, 2018, 06:07:18 AM »
Well, Marc's latest bag almost makes me not want to post these next few. I've recently finished 3, much simpler/cruder bags. This 1st one was made for someone who contacted me about my 1st one, wanting basicly the same bag with a hemp webbing strap, attached with leather ends, and a button attachment/adjustment. I did position the center divider differently during sewing so when turned the front section bends to the inside front of the divider, not, to the outside back of the pouch, and the bottom of the diviider is not sewn. As mentioned in my 1st bag/pouch post, Wallace Gussler's original bag attributed to Virginia was the main influence in the design. The bag is made of oil finished pigskin as before, with thin burgundy cow leather trim from a Tandy "designer double shoulder", antler buttons I made, sno-seal used on all seems and mink oil on the burgundy trim.

Close ups of attachment points and trim

Thanks for looking. Comments? Questions?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:10:15 AM by Brokennock »

Offline Greg Pennell

Re: Bag #2
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 04:18:47 PM »
I like it. I’m planning one similar...a bit simpler for me. Good job!

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 01:27:48 AM »
Thanks Greg.

Offline BJH

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »
I think he really knocked it out of the park. When my grand son opened the package he immediately claimed the one ment to be surprise for him. Then I got to see my bag, to say I’m tickled is a understatement. I’m really happy with the bag. I think it will serve well for a long time. BJH
BJH

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 01:28:41 AM »
Thanks HUH. So very glad the two of you are happy with the bags. It's killing me not opening the thread posted by your initials that's about a horn. Hahaha. Like kid near Christmas trying not to peak at what might be presents.

Offline BJH

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 03:39:12 AM »
Sorry I didn't mean to be a tease, I was rather pleased with the way the horn came out. As long as I don't have to work late I'll get it to the post office tomorrow. Skyler and I are planning to put the bags to work next weekend at our clubs frozen toe weekend shoot. BJH
BJH

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 10:36:01 PM »
Well, I don't see any sign of warts on that fine piece.  Excellent work.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.