Author Topic: Bag # 4, design #3  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Brokennock

Bag # 4, design #3
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:25:04 AM »
While waiting for the hemp webbing to show up for bag #2 I decided to knock out a much simpler bag, and send it as a surprise to the same person who requested I make bag #2 For him. He mentioned grandkids shooting with him, so figured one might need a bag. This one is made from the same burgundy Tandy "designer double shoulder" I used for the trim on bag #2. It is very thin but feels quite strong, especially once oiled, which takes away the surface finish's tendency to want to crack when pierced. Antler button I made for attachment/adjustment of strap, it is backed on the other side of the leather by a store bought coconut shell button. The bag is folded across the bottom with welted seems up the sides, one small inner pocket is sewn flat to the back wall. Trying to use what I had on hand, and knowing the new owner needed a longer strap than I could make with one precut strap, I used an already brown dyed 1.5" wide strap, sewn to 1" (or 1.25", I can't remember right now) wide ends , that I dyed with Fiebing's  burgundy dye. Overall the leatber is treated with mink oil and the seams are all treated with sno-seal, on the mating surfaces prior to stitching.

I apologize for spelling/word errors, doing this only phone at work and I'm getting fed up with auto-correct changing things.

Thanks for looking. Comments? Questions?

Offline Brokennock

Re: Bag # 4, design #3
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:30:12 AM »
Sorry if 2 similar posts in one night is too much folks. After yesterday's attack on the hospital I work in, we are still diverting patients.  Thus,  I'm bored.

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:22:17 PM »
Very nice. I like the simple ones.

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline EricEwing

• https://www.ericewingmaker.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 04:27:11 PM »
That is a neat little bag...great color too

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 01:24:17 AM »
That is a neat little bag...great color too

Thanks. The color and feel of the leather turned out better than I expected once some mink oil was soaked in. Im going to buy more of that leather this payday.

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 10:33:26 PM »
Down South, that's what we call "cotton picking good".
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.