Author Topic: Terry's St. Patty's Day Shoot  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Herb

Terry's St. Patty's Day Shoot
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:58:25 PM »
Terry Haney had her 15th annual St. Patrick's shoot March 24, a week late because of the Vernal Gun and Knife show the week before.

Carney Pace shooting.

Carney and Jaxston, my great grandson.  He is shooting my .50 antelope rifle, using 40 grains of Olde Eynsford 3F powder.  Only his third shot with this rifle.

Herb and Shay shooting.

Randy shooting his .50 Browning Mountain rifle.  He tied Dave for first place.

Lisa shooting a Neill Fields-built .32 flintlock.  We kidded her that it would be hard to hit that axe blade with that small blade to split the ball on those clay pigeons (under her rifle).  But nobody else did it, either.

Dave and Sandy.  He is now owner of an Issac Haines .40 flintlock I built.

Dave tied for first place.

Carney shooting the running leprechaun.  It slides down a cable.

Dave shooting the balloon flowing down the creek.  Shay is backup shot if he missed- which he very rarely does.

We finished the day with corned beef and cabbage, Irish whiskey and good visiting.  Another wonderful St. Patty's day shoot.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:58:27 AM by Herb »
Herb

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: Terry's St. Patty's Day Shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:48:34 PM »
That looks like the most fun one could have without getting arrested.  Thanks for the nice photos, Herb.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Don Adams

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:24:25 PM »
Wow - that looks like a lot of fun!

Offline Daryl

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 10:30:38 PM »
Looks like fun indeed. I see some shooting "standing" while others shooting offhand - interesting.

Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Herb

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 12:16:38 AM »
I don't have the muscle strength with a torn right rotator cuff to hold my rifle except off my ribs.  And Jaxston doesn't have the muscle strength, either.  Dave and I and friend Bill shoot the Davenport Schuetzen match in the winter, .22 rifle at 50 feet, 100 five-shot targets over 10 weeks.  We were team Vernal #2.  (see dsaiowa.com).  Dave shoots off-hand, but I had to use the palm rest with rib support for that, too.  We placed 5th of 29 teams.  Of 101 individual shooters, Dave was number 10 overall but I only 28, but we were number 5 and 13 in class, whatever that meant.  He would have had a lot higher score except he is always experimenting with rifles he builds.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 02:00:14 AM by Herb »
Herb

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 05:18:19 AM »
Hi Herb: Good to see you guys out on St, Patrick's day. Being part Irish/scotch I usually remember the day in some way or another.  :) Aye, a toast to all who enjoy our past time.