Author Topic: Stop me from buying tools I don't need  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
Re: Stop me from buying tools I don't need
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 07:20:03 PM »
A friend who is now deceased once told me "It's not possible to have too much money,too many tools.
too many guns or too much powder and lead." 'Nuf said.

Bob Roller

And that is my entire view of life. Drives my wife crazy.
Psalms 144

ddoyle

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 07:43:31 PM »
Jeff,

Metal lathe- to make what you need/want.  Throw out the tool catalogues and replace them with gun picture books and old tool makers books. Being independent is kind of part of the trade you cannot have lee valley and TOW hanging off your teat or be indentured to true value hardware for every bobble and widget.  Every dime you do not spend on what you can make is a dollar you can send to Rayl, Burton, Chambers, to get what you simply cannot make. Think of yourself as a tool maker who likes building guns instead of a gun builder who needs a toolmaker.

Or skip the lathe but you must have a bench grinder. IIRC Taylor did a tutorial on Bob Roller's  grinder set up.  Or skip the grinder buy the lathe and make a grinder ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:53:52 PM by ddoyle »

Offline WKevinD

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 08:28:10 PM »
Jeff,
If your still worried about buying thing you don't need I can help. Send me your credit cards and I'll buy all kinds of stuff and send you only the things that, after testing and evaluation, are things that you really need, I'll take care of the leftover packaging and clutter of tools so that you don't have to. ;)

Kevin
PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson