Author Topic: Mark Wheland's Shop  (Read 4210 times)

robpack@Hotmail.com

Mark Wheland's Shop
« on: March 21, 2018, 03:01:48 AM »
Well taking a few buddies to the shop of Mark Wheland Williamsburg Pa, tomorrow.... After many delays, and cancellations (all on my part) I get the chance to see his custom firearms and perhaps start the process of buying one...... Taking a few buddies who want to see his creations, cannot wait!  He is also going to look over my Bivins rifle for me and maybe put a coat of wax on her.... Gonna be a good day!!!!!!

Offline jaeren

Re: Mark Wheland's Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 02:43:09 PM »
Not sure you picked a good day for that drive. Travel through the mountain will be rough. Hope all this stuff clears up before Bedford show.

robpack@Hotmail.com

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:37:43 AM »
Took a neighbor of mine with me (Vietnam Vet).... Mr Wheland is an awesome guy, beautiful rifles, all types and calibers........ Got to see different "stages" of production for several rifles.  He took the time to go over my rifle, check the bore, tell me all about it and fixed my patch box spring for me..... He really is an artist, great looking firearms....May be purchasing one in the near future, first going to sell my Bivins............ Yeah the roads were NOT great, but not too bad I had four wheel drive, no problems....

alamosa

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:11:15 PM »
I have never met Mr. Wheland in person, but several years back he agreed for me to have a Chambers fowler kit sent to him and he assembled it for me.
He did a wonderful job and it is a prized possession of mine, beautiful work.  Mr. Wheland custom builds some works of art in firearms, his work is top notch.
In all our conversations he was a gentleman, true to his word and very pleasant to do business with.  I would love the opportunity to visit his shop and speak with him in person, please enjoy your visit with him.  I have plans for another Chambers kit in the future and if he is willing, Mr. Wheland will be the one who will build it for me. 

Offline terryk

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 05:12:42 PM »
I met Mark a few times and have been to his shop to look at smallbore rifles that he was selling from his son.  He is rightfully proud of his work, and seeing his shop is a worthy trip.
I also see him at a local pheasant shooting preserve and at the Lewisburg show.  He impresses me every time with his poise and knowledge. 
He was committed enough to being a craftsman he smartly invested years as an apprentice to Allen Martin.  He is a true committed artist.

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 12:29:40 AM »
Mark has done Allen proud.  They are both great people.
Please resist the urge to have him put together another kit...... have him build one from scratch.  You'll like the finished product MUCH better.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline terryk

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 06:19:50 AM »
I recently talked to Mark about kits, and he said most are more work than starting from scratch.  So I personally would let him build the rifle from the bottom up.