Author Topic: Finally Exorcised All My Photobucket Photos !!!!  (Read 2241 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Finally Exorcised All My Photobucket Photos !!!!
« on: April 12, 2018, 12:59:51 AM »
It took a while but I think I have replaced every Photobucket photo in every one of my posts !!!  And, more importantly than getting the photos back where they belong, it was cathartic each time I deleted the word "photobucket" in each of the photo links.

I don't have much tolerance for people who do business like those Photobucket morons.....
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Martin S.

Re: Finally Exorcised All My Photobucket Photos !!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:02:29 AM »
Photobucket has done tremendous damage to the forums I frequent.

I applaud you for fixing your posts.

I wish more people would take the time.

If you do just about any search on this board, you will find posts with photos that photobucket has blocked or deleted.

It certainly takes away from the information that can be learned here.

Mikecooper

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:29:58 AM »
If you use Chrome browser there is a free plug in that causes the photobucket images to display again. 

Offline Mauser06

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 01:38:45 AM »
Can also right click the broken image and "view" it directly on Photobucket

Offline Stophel

• Chris Immel
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 01:48:38 AM »
I'm amazed that there seem to be plenty of people that are paying the exhorbitant sums to photobucket to keep their pics linkable.  Photobucket works SO slowly, that I can't even stand to try to get on my account and copy or delete anything.
When a reenactor says "They didn't write everything down"   what that really means is: "I'm too lazy to look for documentation."

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 04:14:30 AM »
I don't have much tolerance for people who do business like those Photobucket morons.....

Nor do I.  SO (expletive omitted) glad I never used that outfit for anything.  I started saving images on my own drive whenever I see them now.  Just cannot count on the Cloud, or the host, or the EntireNet being available all the time for reference and information. 

THANK YOU Dave for doing the work. Chores like that shouldn't be required of men who have better things to do.  ;)

I'll try those work-arounds noted by others next time I hit a PhotoB*&^*#$! blank spot.  thanks

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:15:20 AM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 04:31:24 AM »
Dave you do a great job of explaining your techniques, but I would be clueless without the photos you post. You, Jerry Huddleston, Gary Brumfield, and others on this list that have opened my eyes to possibilities that I would not have otherwise recognized. My inadequate efforts to follow your example has greatly improved my work and my enjoyment in building. So thank you for taking the time to reload the photos!

Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

leoparddog

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 04:58:10 AM »
Thank you Dave!  I applaud your efforts as well.  Nothing more sad than searching through posts looking for help and seeing the blanked out Photobucket images.  I deleted just about every photo bucket image I had there. 

Offline RickH

• Starting Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 05:29:56 AM »
Thank you Dave!
I've been watching and learning from your posts for quite awhile now!!
Its greatly appreciated!

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 05:47:17 AM »
I'm glad the time I spent wasn't wasted based on your kind comments.  I'm not sure what I do is all that instructive to others but I know how much I have learned from many, many others here.  And the photos have opened my eyes to styles, techniques, skills, and possibilities I could never have picked up on through verbal descriptions alone.  I also thought about using one of those work-around techniques to get the Photobucket pictures to show up.....but I became so agitated every time I saw that word "photobucket" show up in a photo address line it was worth the time to completely circumvent those pea wits. 

Just from a business perspective, if those guy brains were gasoline, they wouldn't have enough to power a Pi$$-ant motorcycle around the inside of a cheerio !
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:47:47 AM by davec2 »
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »
Almost all the sites I visit have added a photo attachment option to make downloading a photo very easy, perhaps Photo Bucket did us a favor by being bozos. As more and more sites use this option, hopefully PB will lose what few customers that stayed and will cease to exist.   

Iktomi

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 04:37:09 PM »
Photo&@#$@! really screwed alot of people over, including yours truly. I consider what they did vandalism  >:(

Amazing that you were able to go back and repair all your photo work. I don't have the time or patience to do that.

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »
I did manage to get the vast majority of my photos moved from PB to imgBB and postimage.  They are also backed up on my computer.  PB is a scam, IMO.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 02:38:14 AM »
I simply put COPIES of my photos in Photobucket.  I still have all my photos in personal files.  I've started back-filling posts that carry my images, andit's a big job.  I too hope everyone with tutorials here will do as Dave has done.  Thanks Dave.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 03:21:09 AM »
Thank you, Dave!!!

Ed
Ed Wenger

Offline Daryl

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 03:25:45 AM »
Photo&@#$@! really screwed alot of people over, including yours truly. I consider what they did vandalism  >:(

My videos are more difficult to retrieve from Photobucket - they appear to have copywrited them (that is what it says) in their name. Yes- I'd call that vandalism.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 03:27:49 AM »
I truly appreciate the efforts also. the photos in the tutorials and posts through out the site are of great value with the photos present. I wish everyone would put forth the effort like you have done to regain the ability to view the photos.
Elizabeth, PA

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"...Thomas Jefferson

Let's Go Brandon!