Author Topic: portable reloading table  (Read 1484 times)

Offline snapper

portable reloading table
« on: April 14, 2018, 05:16:17 PM »
The below pictures show what I have been playing with recently. 

For shooting long range matches, you need your own loading table.  I wanted something light and simple.

The box is held together by high strength Velcro, and is some type of almost unbreakable plastic.  It can be collapsed down to individual pieces.  It is held on the tripod by 5 straps. 

It is a Bogen tripod.

I needed something for when it rains and blows.

This setup allows me to have one tripod that incorporates my loading table. 

I recently was able to try it out at Oakridge a few weeks ago.  It worked great and we did have rain. 

The setup is very stable and the table was able to hold all the $#@* that I think I need.  Bullets, powder, funnel, 2 rods, timer, wet patches, dry patches, bullet score tracking sheet.

The new Leopold spotting scope is shown on the tripod.

Space and weight is an issue for flying with gear.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

fleener

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:40:48 AM by Ky-Flinter »
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline yellowhousejake

Re: portable reloading table
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 06:33:48 PM »
The tripod concept is a winner ain't it? 8^) The Bogen is a good choice. Finding a STURDY tripod that is light, and inexpensive, is about impossible.

I like that you have a roof on your loading table. Do you find it awkward to have to lean forward to view through the scope with the table hanging on the front?

DAve

Offline snapper

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
I am lucky on the tripod issue.  At Iowa State Surplus, these things come up for sale on occasion.  I pick them up for a fraction of a new one.  I have 4 of them currently.

I had a cheap lightweight tripod that I bought at local discount store and took it to AU.  I hated it.  Every puff of wind shook it. 

Leaning forward over the box is the only issue I have had with it.  One thing that I did to take care of that is to place the scope at 90 degrees to the table.  I dont stand there and stare at the target for a long time.  Just long enough to see what I need to see, mark it on the bullet plotter and move on.

The shorter scope makes this more of an issue.

Fleener

Offline snapper

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 07:09:31 PM »
Dave,  if you come to the Milian  match  this coming weekend, you will get to see the  tripod loading bench in action.

hope to see you and Denise. 

fleener

Offline yellowhousejake

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 12:31:09 AM »
Dave,  if you come to the Milian  match  this coming weekend, you will get to see the  tripod loading bench in action.

hope to see you and Denise. 

fleener

Wish we could. We will be working a youth turkey hunt next weekend.

DAve