Author Topic: Swamped 50cal. Rice barrel rifling.  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: Swamped 50cal. Rice barrel rifling.
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 08:01:45 PM »
Unless Rice have changed their rifling styles and methods, that muzzle picture sure as heck looks like a Colerain barrel to my eye.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Scoper05

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 08:28:11 PM »
Yes we figured it out that it's a Colerain. Tennessee Valley Muzzleloader use both rice barrels and Colerain barrels it was supposed to be a Riceboro but they screwed up and made out of Colerain Barrel.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2018, 10:33:11 PM »
Your Colerain barrel will shoot just fine.  It doesn't matter that it isn't a Rice barrel.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 10:35:56 PM »
OK, I wouldn't worry about it unless you specifically paid extra for a Rice barrel.  I find the Colerain round bottom grooves to be more prone to burn through on thin patches and find those barrels usually work best with thicker patch material.  I've never found accuracy to be an issue - those guys make a good barrel.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Scoper05

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 10:43:57 PM »
Lol.i didn't pay extra for the Colerain barrel.
  It's funny because when we figured out that they screwed up she said that the Colerain barrel was$25 more so I would have to cut a check for the difference.lol
She was joking of course.