Author Topic: repair old set triggers  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Michigan Flinter

repair old set triggers
« on: May 16, 2018, 03:35:24 AM »
  I have an A. Parker target rifle that needs the set triggers repaired .Would you please list someone who can do this work . The triggers would not set so I removed them to see what was the matter removed the front trigger and when I started to remove the back trigger the flat spring that is used to set the triggers popped out right on my messy floor . looked high and low for it no luck. Thank you for your help.

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
Re: repair old set triggers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:59:40 AM »
This aint much help, but you just made a good sacrifice to the Under the workbench god !!!  I spend a lot of time on my knees doing obeisance. Good luck,my friend. Have a goodun, Dave  8) 8)

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 04:18:36 AM »
cabin Creek  would be one possible place to check.

Offline Nordnecker

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:38:49 PM »
Happen to have a big magnet?
"I can no longer stand back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids."- Gen Jack T. Ripper

Offline Levy

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 09:18:16 PM »
I second the magnet. Found a lot of lost parts that way.

James Levy
James Levy

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 11:28:43 PM »
I bought one of those handled smaller magnets that roofers use to pick up roofing nails from a lawn. The magnet is about 10" long and has found more stuff on the floor of my shop than I can remember. I also went over my yard after the roofers left and found a couple dozen roofing nails they missed that could have ended up in my tractor tires.

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 02:46:58 AM »
 to give you a some more info. the triggers are from a  A. Parker target rifle made in Ludlow Vt. around 1842 it is in very good shape except for the triggers .I used a magnet and also went through all the $#@* I had on the floor . Is there another sight I can ask for some info on someone who could fix these triggers? Thanks For Your Help.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 09:52:31 PM »
There are dozens of good 'smiths right here who can make you a new mainspring for your triggers...one just has to step up, if they want the work.  This is not a difficult job.  Post a picture of the triggers as they are now, please.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.