Author Topic: Kibler kit building class  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Dan Fruth

• D Fruth Flintlocker
Kibler kit building class
« on: June 04, 2018, 08:57:39 PM »
The Artisans Guild in Millersburg Ohio will be holding it's first Kibler rifle kit building class this November 5th through the 9th in downtown Millersburg Ohio. Participants must have their kits ordered by August 11,2018 to ensure delivery for the class. This class will be for either the southern mountain rifle or the Virginia rifle. The class size is 8 total, $500 total cost, and a $250 down payment to hold your spot. A list of tools is available upon request. The class is 8 hours per day, with a 1 hour lunch break, lunch not provided. At the end of the week students will have their rifle finished, with the first coat of finish applied, if they don't carve their rifle. For more details contact either Heather Miller at 330-473-5532, or Dan Fruth at 330-410-6463...jellowaydan@gmail.com....This will be a fun week of building and fellowship.
The old Quaker, "We are non-resistance friend, but ye are standing where I intend to shoot!"

Offline Jeff Durnell

Re: Kibler kit building class
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:17:03 PM »
Uh-oh, I have yet to start my first gun(waiting on parts), but that's within easy driving distance and I'm on vacation that week. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.

What's the Virginia rifle like? I checked the website and only saw the southern.

Do either of those guns come in a lefty?

Offline jaeren

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 08:49:53 PM »
Uh-oh, I have yet to start my first gun(waiting on parts), but that's within easy driving distance and I'm on vacation that week. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.

What's the Virginia rifle like? I checked the website and only saw the southern.

Do either of those guns come in a lefty?

https://kiblerslongrifles.com/collections/colonial-rifle-kit and at this time he does not offer a lefty kit. He says maybe in the future. There are threads here with more information and pictures of finished kits.
http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=49222.0
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:51:47 PM by jaeren »

Offline Jeff Durnell

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:28:45 AM »
Thanks for the links.

I'm going to try to build lefties for my first few guns at least.

marshall0351

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 07:17:28 AM »
I plan on being at this class, can't wait. Making preparations with scheduling my vacation through work, gathering my tools, already excited. I'll have to work the next moth of weekends to get the money up for the class and kit, but if all works out we will be good to go!

sespe

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 08:49:43 AM »
Hopefully next year...

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 02:29:12 PM »
We're thrilled to have the Artisins Guild and Dan offer this class.  Our kits provide a great product for a relatively short class.  I'm sure it will be a great time for all that attend.

Jim

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 06:29:29 PM »
Jeff,
PM sent.
Mark
Mark