Author Topic: ALR postal shoot?  (Read 10259 times)

Offline Daryl

Re: ALR postal shoot?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2018, 05:48:41 PM »
Lots of targets here as well:  http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/20011.pdf

I agree - this is a good web site for targets.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2018, 11:09:41 PM »
I like the bear target; printed one out on 8.5" X 11".  It works for me as a 25yd target.  We're packing for our move to Maine so I'm not likely to be able to shoot this match.  We need to have them on a regular basis.

By the way; is coloring some of the rings allowed?
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2018, 12:54:07 AM »
Same target - do what you have to, for visibility, hanshi. I certainly do not have a problem with that.
Daryl

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2018, 06:49:02 AM »
Not sure if this will work but if it does, how would this be?  This is half size to allow upload.  It can be a full size in PDF

Mike Lee

Offline taco650

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2018, 01:53:32 PM »
I'm interested but only have access to a 100 yard range so shorter range is better for me.  I don't care about what target is used so how about having one of the mods choose.  Also, I work nights and have some mandatory OT on the schedule for the July 4 holiday so I'll need more time than some others to get it shot and mailed (or emailed) in.

Stuart

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2018, 07:53:52 PM »
We have in the past, had a month to participate in a postal match.  That should give everyone who wants to, the opportunity to submit a target, or three.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2018, 10:02:06 PM »
Taylor, when do you want to do this? I'm in.

Whomever Justin or Fleener? is running this, decide and pick a target and lets have at it.
Daryl

Offline Daryl

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »
I attempted to load and print of the target, longcruise and ended up with one method of printing giving me a 10 ring of 1/2" diameter, with the other method of fitting the page, giving a bull 10 ring of 1 15/16".
Thus there is too much of a possibility of different sized target, depending on one's computer, printer ext.

I think choosing a site, such as www.targetz.com then a page and target #, is the best way. One need only right click on that target, paste to your desktop and print them off.

More instruction on doing this, as in step by step, can be provided if needed. Do not hesitate to ask if this sort of thing is difficult for you.

I only know how as my daughter showed me how some 20 years ago when she was a teenager.

As none of the targetz.com targets re numbered for scoring,

I thought this one might work:  https://www.google.com/search?q=shooting+target+size+chart&client=firefox-b&sa=X&biw=640&bih=322&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=-GIKkEWHmQUvcM%253A%252CcgrXs2h_2wcXwM%252C_&usg=__kqkPb_GI1N5rGR8h7We3g3gjKuM%3D&ved=0ahUKEwiUhNicvOXbAhWdGTQIHa5IBD0Q9QEIKzAA#imgdii=Qo5XA1YmF09V5M:&imgrc=-vXB_1GHVgY9iM:

Daryl

Offline alacran

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
I do not know how to create a link to a pdf.   The National Shooting Sports Foundation has a printable target that is similar to the target that Daryl just posted, nssf.org/targets.
The X ring measures 1inch, the 10 ring 1&15/16th", the9 ring 3&3/8ths", the 8th ring and overall black 4  3/4".
The overall target including the 7 and 6 rings that are in the white is 7&1/2".
There would not be any copyright infringement to use this target. Hope some one can post it for me.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline Daryl

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »
On the page having the target, highlight the address bar by swiping the address line with your mouse while holding down the left mouse key - or by left clicking in the middle of the address. Then right click on the highlighted address and then click on "copy" from the drop-down menu (which happened when you right clicked on the highlighted address.

Then go straight to a post here and left click in your 'reply' as you would before starting typing. Then, right-click on that cursor bar and select paste, left clicking on that paste word in the drop-down - done.  Sounds complicated but is rather straight forward.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:25:22 PM by Daryl »
Daryl

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »
The target I uploaded is an image. I should have uploaded a PDF.  I'll put up a PDF later today.
Mike Lee

Offline alacran

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2018, 12:50:52 AM »
http://targets.s3.amazonaws.com/PDF/Bullseye1.pdf
Daryl thanks for the help. You can check out the target, let me know what you think.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2018, 08:25:18 AM »
Nope, don't see a place to upload a pdf so it would have to be hosted somewhere and downloaded by link.  I can do that but then again the one posted by alacran looks pretty good to go.
Mike Lee

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »
I can upload a .pdf and  provide a link. Just be sure its not a copyright violation.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Daryl

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »
http://targets.s3.amazonaws.com/PDF/Bullseye1.pdf
Daryl thanks for the help. You can check out the target, let me know what you think.

That seemed to work, alacran, howeverI get a 4.8" 8-ring.  The X ring is just about exactly 1", which matches your description.
With the X ring right- that's all I need.
 ::)
Daryl

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2018, 03:59:34 AM »
No worries about copyright since I made it  myself.  Not sure how to send it to you, Dennis?
Mike Lee

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2018, 04:59:16 AM »
Just sent you a PM
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline alacran

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2018, 09:09:36 AM »
Daryl I used a cheap promo tape measure I had by printer. Checked with calipers and 4.8 appears right to me for the 8 ring.
 I think the target will work well at 25 and 50 yards.  It might be hard for old eyes at 100.

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
One problem with PDF target format is that not all printers print the same target in the same size.  When it differs from the actual target size it's usually a slight reduction.  I don't know if there is any practical way around that but it's probably not a big issue anyway.
Mike Lee

Offline Sharpsman

• "There ain't no freedom...without gunpowder!"
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2018, 05:54:05 PM »
A Camel is a horse....designed by a committee! :o ::)
"There ain't no freedom...without gunpowder!"

Offline Daryl

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2018, 05:55:48 PM »
LOL
Daryl

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2018, 04:21:48 AM »
If all ya'll can pick a target, I will be in.  My old "Kentucky" .45 is pretty accurate from prone at 100 yards, but being old and shaky, I am not too sure about offhand.  But it will be fun finding out just how well my relaxation techniques work.
Here in Logan County, Ohio, we have a sportsman's  club with good ranges out to 300 yards.

Haven't shot that "Kentucky" for over 3 years!  Great excuse to get out and giterdone!
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2018, 04:34:59 AM »
THIS old man's eyes are pretty darn good now. 

I was always very near sighted, like 20/400 in both eyes.  Couple years back, I thought my eyes were getting worse, couldn't read speed limit signs too good, s went to the eye doc.  Turned out to be cataracts!

The surgeon that did the surgery was a fellow target shooter, so the new lenses gives me 20/20 in the left eye, 20/15 in my right (dominant) eye.   For the first time in  my life, I could see tree leaves at over 100 yards!

The surgery took about 10 min, very quick, totally painless.  You can immediately see just fine!  I do have to wear reading glasses now, and appreciate the eyeball protection they give me.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2018, 07:00:23 AM »
That's great news, Craig - just remember to wear some form of safety or even shooting glasses whenever shooting guns - any guns.
Daryl

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2018, 07:58:34 PM »
Posted this .pdf file for Longcruise. Its is stored on ALR's server and can remain here for as long as it is useful. If it is not going to be used please notify me so I can delete it.
Dennis

http://americanlongrifles.org/PDF/ALR_25_yd_postal.pdf