Author Topic: Chambers 28 ga. Fowler  (Read 953 times)

Eric Johanen

Chambers 28 ga. Fowler
« on: July 15, 2018, 09:14:37 PM »
Tested 3 fg. Olde Eynsford against GOEX 3 fg. in my Jim Chambers 28 ga./54 cal. flint fowler.  .530 ball, 015 precut cotton patch,  Lubed with 7/1 distilled water and NAPA water soluble oil.  Wet patches loaded very easy and required no wiping between shots for 25 round tested.  Field cleaned at range with 1 wet patch and 1 dry patch.  Cleaned up at home with 2 wet patches and 2 dry followed by a patch lubed with Slip 2000.  Due to the humidity I wiped the pan on each shot and had to pick the vent 3 times.  Start load was 70 grains of OE and very poor accuracy.  High right off the bull.  75 grains shot a bit closer to the bull and can be seen on the posted target.  60 grains of GOEX 3 fg shot low and slightly left of center.  60 grains of OE printed in the bottom of the bull.  Seems like 65 grains of either powder is the sweet spot for this gun.  Several doubles and some centers.  The high 8 at 12 I called.  Walked up to 25 yards and shot offhand low center cutting the orange dot.  Nice day on the range and will be shooting this gun much more in the future.  Should be plenty good for our northern woods whitetails.

delete pocket account

Offline Silky921

Re: Chambers 28 ga. Fowler
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »
Looks like it'll treat you well in the deer woods. Have one very similar and love it.