Author Topic: Anybody Know Where Can I Buy Heads Like This?  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Anybody Know Where Can I Buy Heads Like This?
« on: July 29, 2018, 01:06:49 AM »

Looking for good quality.

Thanks, Tim C.

PS: Thanks, Jerry, I stole your Pic. TC
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:14:01 AM by Tim Crosby »

Offline smokinbuck

Re: Anybody Know Where Can I Buy Heads Like This?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 01:25:36 AM »
Tim,
Track of the Wolf used to carry them as did the Log Cabin shop.
Mark
Mark

Offline elk killer

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 01:29:04 AM »
Tim
I have a antique head that needs some work
Let me know if you have a interest
only flintlocks remain interesting..

Offline Greg Pennell

“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
 Thanks; Mark they don't have them I checked with Liza. Greg, I checked TOTW but missed that one but 62 bucks is a bit more than I wanted to spend, although it is probably a good one. may end up with one to try just nakes the price of the final product higher. Elk Killer, will you send me a pic/price and let me see what you've got. PM or Email it is in my profile.

Thanks, Tim

Offline WKevinD

PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson

Offline jaeren

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »
I've bought them at shows and on eBay. Found one at Baltimore show a couple of years ago. And two others at regional shows. Just have to keep a sharp eye out. Bought two full remade snakes at the Civil War show in Ohio. And found two shot pouches on eBay. I like the Irish style heads. I might have one for trade. Maybe trade a head for a small shot pouch to fit a head I have. Have to look and see where I put them.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII

Offline bigsmoke

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 10:17:11 PM »
Considering the exchange rate between Euros and Dollars is softening somewhat, the Pedersoli shot heads should be a little less money.  The operative word there is "should".
The English heads are a bit better quality wise, as the spring is better.  I have had a lot of trouble with the Irish spring that holds the scoop into the body.  I have talked with Mr. Pedersoli a few times about quality control, and he did not seem pleased to have the subject brought up.  He prefers praise for his products instead of criticism.
Frankly, I had forgotten completely about that for 12-13 years, every since I sold October Country.  We used to carry the flask heads but I am not sure what the new owner is doing.  With the increasing costs of them, probably not.  Check it out at www.octobercountry.com
John

Offline pathfinder

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 08:28:36 AM »
Troll around e-bay. I've gotten a lot of both Irish and English heads with the original leather pouch still attached. Haven't paid more than $25.
Not all baby turtles make to the sea!  Darwinism. It’s works!