Author Topic: Shut up Trent!!!  (Read 1798 times)

Offline trentOH

Shut up Trent!!!
« on: August 03, 2018, 02:02:26 PM »
Sometimes my mouth moves and dopey things happen.

Last weekend at a yard sale I found a nice scarlet red, womans wool coat. I thought for $2 I could cut it up and make something of it, like a pouch, a hat band, stuff like that. When I got it home, I showed it to my wife, who took a liking to it, then found that it fits her reasonably well.

It appears that I'm on the lookout for another coat to cut up now. But this time, I'll Shut Up Trent!

P.S.: What are some other ideas to use fabric like that for?

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Shut up Trent!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 05:34:05 PM »
Leggings or breechclout?  If for breechclout, line the inner part that wraps your nether regions with linen to prevent excess itching.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 05:38:20 PM by rich pierce »
Andover, Vermont

Offline WH1

• Capall Mara Forge Website
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »
Sometimes my mouth moves and dopey things happen.

Last weekend at a yard sale I found a nice scarlet red, womans wool coat. I thought for $2 I could cut it up and make something of it, like a pouch, a hat band, stuff like that.

Off topic but... 8)
Reminds me of the scene in Airplane
 McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make of this? [hands Johnny a map]
Johnny: This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a brooch; I can make a pterodactyl!

Hessian

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 05:13:24 PM »
Reminds me of a story from some years ago.
A friend and I were driving around "yard saleing" and we came upon a big brown leather couch for $50. He said to me, "I wonder how many bags we can get out of that?" "Want to split it?" Our wives nixed the idea ("What are you going to do with the rest of it!") and they still give us guff about it! Any time either of them see a couch at a yard sale they ask us "how many bags can we get out of it!"

Offline trentOH

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 12:03:07 AM »
You aren't supposed to take your wife yard saling, as you now have learned the hard way.

My Best Man, when we were young, found a leather sofa for super cheap. he and a buddy cut the leather off of it and made their "skins" for wandering around Friendship.

So much has changed in 40 years. And the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 04:50:55 AM »
P.S.: What are some other ideas to use fabric like that for?

Mittens, mocassin liners, a hat, a slip-case for your rifle.

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline Carl Young

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 05:30:53 AM »
Leggings or breechclout?  If for breechclout, line the inner part that wraps your nether regions with linen to prevent excess itching.

This sounds like sage advice...but just how much itching is excessive? Is there a period-correct accoutrement for scratching? Never mind I don't want to know!!!  ;) ;D

Years ago there was a lady shooter in south Alabama who wore a leather bikini at shoots. 8)
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal