Author Topic: Shot pouch  (Read 829 times)

Offline pathfinder

Shot pouch
« on: August 09, 2018, 05:37:34 PM »
Just heard from a long time Brother who purchased a small shot pouch from a guy here.

No names will be mentioned,but I’m very disheartened. The pouch came,and it was very expensive,and was not a good pouch. Substandard leather,terrible sticking,overall poor quality.

When he contacted the maker and expressed his dissatisfaction with the pouch,and wanted a refund,he was told,”I don’t do refunds on Muzzloading art!” 

Art? Art? I’ve been making pouches since the ‘70’s,so even by accident I’ve learned a thing or two. I suspect a class was taken,and he is now a world class maker. I too attended a class given by my friend,to maybe glean some hidden tips or tricks. Had a great time,but saw where this was going.

A lot of “ better than thou” attitudes. And I for one don’t like it.

Nothing can be done to fix this,but please,before you buy,ask for pictures of previous work,how long he’s been in the pouch making biz,and what else he makes.

I don’t know where I’m going with this,but I guess I’m blowing off steam.

Myself and other leather guy’s offer unconditional,money back guarantees,or replacement,changes,whatever it takes to satisfy our clients.

Sucks when new guys charge way more than you and put out $#@* they won’t stand behind.
Not all baby turtles make to the sea!  Darwinism. It’s works!

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Shot pouch
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 09:19:49 PM »
I locked this topic, matters like this need to be settled between the two individuals involved. I will leave this just to show that anytime you buy items without seeing them in person you risk dissatisfaction. 
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson