Author Topic: Pig Sticker  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Pig Sticker
« on: September 01, 2018, 03:45:47 PM »
 Nothing special here, the blade is the piece I broke off the sword blade that I used on the Sword cane. It is set in the handle about 2" and pinned with Two pins. Overall it is about 11 1/2". The color is how it came out of the vinegar, then waxed.
 The Antler handle is the neat part, it started out with a considerable curve. I soaked it in Apple Cider vinegar for about Three months, took it out and pressed it in a big vice for a week, set it out on Sunny days to help it dry. It sat for about Three more months, I wanted to see if the curve would come back, it didn't so I used it for the handle.
 Not sure what it is good for, I like the natural guard.

Tim 

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:14:37 AM by Tim Crosby »

Offline conquerordie

Re: Pig Sticker
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »
That's awesome. I love the idea of the broken sword in a made to work handle. Very HC.
Greg

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 04:45:18 PM »
That is an interesting piece Tim.  I could see some back-country fellow carrying that during the Revolution.  It does indeed look lethal!  It needs a sheath now. God Bless,  Marc 

Offline Frank Barker

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 05:28:11 PM »
That's a real rib tickler there Tim. Your antler straightening process is very interesting. Something new to think about.
Regards
Frank Barker
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:29:35 PM by Frank Barker »

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 05:57:10 AM »
Neat!  That made a nice little hunting sword.  Now you just need to find a pig to try it out on... :o

Greg

“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson