Author Topic: Two recently completed mule ear rifles  (Read 1785 times)

Offline BruceH

Two recently completed mule ear rifles
« on: August 23, 2018, 12:14:35 AM »
For those interested in the newer L&R Mule Ear lock, here are two builds I recently finished with those locks.  FYI, the only thing I can see that is related to their Durs Egg lock is the plate.  These do require quite a lot of deep inletting and some clearance work at the bottom of the breech plug/tang.  I need to also state that be very wary of your rear lock bolt placement.  It needs to be very high and tight to the rear of the barrel to allow for clearance of the main spring end.  I have only shot one of the rifles for function and they seem to be fast and reliable.

[/url

[url=https://imgbb.com/]

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:37:54 AM by BruceH »

Offline okawbow

Re: Two recently completed mule ear rifles
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 04:19:26 AM »
Nice rifles?
I just finished a .40 cal. Table rifle using that lock. I shot it about 25 times. Very fast, and dependable.
As in life; it’s the journey, not the destination. How you get there matters most.

CARROLLCO

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 05:01:20 AM »
Very nicely done. My favorite is the second one; with the iron mounts. Looks to be a serious game getting tool. I did not know L & R made a mule ear lock. I learn so much from this my favorite site.

Offline BruceH

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:03:08 PM »
The brass mounted rifle has a .45 caliber 42" barrel.  The iron mounted one has a .50 caliber 42" barrel.