Author Topic: jojoba oil  (Read 1910 times)

ltdann

jojoba oil
« on: August 27, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »
Based on some advice here, I tried Jojoba oil as a patch lube, with good results.

.54 Rice Barrel, .535 ball, .022 cotton duck patch, jojoba oil over 85 grains of MZ Black.  Distance is 50 yds....the two flyers on the left due to the guy next to me shooting a .458 Godzilla Buster with compensated barrel...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 08:22:41 PM by ltdann »

Offline Scota4570

Re: jojoba oil
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 10:52:39 PM »
Glad it worked out.  I've been meaning to experiment with jojoba.

"... with compensated barrel".  I will never own one.  I will pack up and go home rather than shoot near anyone who is firing one.  IMHO they are about the stupidest  fad in modern guns. 

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 11:11:31 PM »
I must agree with the compensated barrel haters.  They are indeed awful to be within a quarter mile of one firing.

That is NOT a bad group by any definition.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

ltdann

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 01:00:43 AM »
Yep, that thing was parting my hair....which is tough to do since I don't have any. 8)

I was pleasantly surprised after trying the oil.  I didn't expect that much improvement.  Moderate improvement in loading.  Still have to use a ball starter evening after doing Daryl's Patented Crown Polishing, but it IS noticeably easier to load.

Still working on the 100 yard group.  I can get 8 out of 10 inside a 12" bull, but think I can do better.  I'm thinking 5 for 5 inside 8 inches is my goal.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:14:31 AM by ltdann »

Offline Pukka Bundook

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 04:34:10 AM »
A pal has  a Lapua sniper rig.  It clears everything off the benches both sides if they're not nailed down.

Good shooting ITDann!!

Offline JohnnyFM

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 12:57:57 PM »
That’s good shootin’ Lieutenant Dan especially while gettin’ your ear hairs singed off by that Godzirra killer!

Offline Dan'l 1946

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 04:10:54 PM »
A pal has  a Lapua sniper rig.  It clears everything off the benches both sides if they're not nailed down.

Good shooting ITDann!!
  It's not just the noise these "compensated" rifles make, the powder smells funny. I love the smell of blackpowder smoke in the morning. It smells like history.                           
Dan