Author Topic: Goex black powder $ lbs  (Read 4049 times)

Offline L. Akers

Re: Goex black powder $ lbs
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2018, 03:46:13 PM »
Look up Jack's Powder Keg and check the price of Jack's Battle Powder.   It's Goex powder without the graphite coating.  I really like the way it performs in my guns and it shoots clean. I have had no problems with clumping or pouring.  Current price (25#) is $15.00/lb. delivered.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
We are paying $115 to $135 Australian for a 1kg of Wano black powder. Kg is about 2.5 lbs. and we get powder droughts as black powder is only shipped down under every two years and the Department of Mines treats it as explosive so its very expensive to move it from interstate, the powder probably lands in Sydney and I am in Western Australia. I still have the remains of a case of Goex which I paid $14 a pound for in 1985 on a primary producers certificate, for the "destruction of vermin" my mates were all pretty *#)*^~ with me as they were paying about $34 Au a pound for it at that stage. Powder has always been expensive down under ( a far flung corner of the old British Empire !)
    Cold comfort for you blokes, but it seems at its worst you are better off in the US than we are down under for powder.

Cheers

Gordon :'(

We have a friend who stops in once in a while and he told me that he paid $30 for a pound of GOEX
at a gun shop in Ashland Ky. No shop here sells it.Ashland and Huntington are close so other than the
cost it's available "locally". I still have a good assortment of DuPont-GOEX-Curtis&Harvey and Swiss
and a partial can of Elephant.Makes for  colorful shelf in my shop. ;D

Bob Roller

Offline TMerkley

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2018, 08:27:43 PM »
Up here in the world of eternal snow, (since Wednesday!  :-) )  local stores stock it, but it's about $34 to $37.00 a can .  (Beaver bucks)
I got mine bulk and split it. About time I got another batch.  No fun without it!

I split the last lot with bro-in law;
Since then he passed away, and my Sis. said he'd Buried it outside some place...was worried about fire.   (!)  Looked high and low and no findum.  Plastic bottles in a plastic box isn't good to find with metal detector!

Just a hint, 

It's 40 steps to the out house.....  Might be about the same and look for a "low" spot when the water puddles.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2018, 08:33:51 PM »
Nasty, Gordon. 1 Kilogram is 2.2 pounds. A guy might not want to shoot the old punt gun much - or a .69 for that matter.
I can see where a fast twist .28 or .32 might be popular.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline stubshaft

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2018, 09:12:26 PM »
No stores sell it in Hawaii.  No companies will ship it to Hawaii.  I do have a "source" that sells it for $22.00 per pound.
I'd rather die standing, than live on my knees...

Offline terryk

• Starting Member
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2018, 01:32:53 AM »
27.00 for Goex at Dixons in PA

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2018, 02:50:39 AM »
$29.99 + tax a pound for Goex at Borders in Kentucky. 

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2018, 06:20:36 AM »
Absolutely no idea.  I choked down a big order a few years ago and am stocked up for a while.  Comes out of AR as I recall.  8)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:30:56 AM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2018, 01:29:03 AM »
I bought a case of Jack's Battle Powder sometime back and split it with a friend.  Hold onto your socks, but it was IIRC $11 a pound!  It may not be a refined sporting powder but it killed deer, shot small groups and gave velocities right up there with Goex 3F.  JBP only comes in 3F and is still a good deal.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.