Author Topic: Tandy Leather Factory or Store?  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
Tandy Leather Factory or Store?
« on: September 28, 2018, 06:42:53 AM »
I don’t have a Tandy leather store near my house so I mail order.  I happen to be in Phoenix, AZ a few days and there’s 3 different Tandy Leather stores within 13 miles.  One of the places is a Tandy Leather Factory.  Is the factory better than the stores to purchase leather?   Anyone in Phoenix, AZ or been here that can advise me?  I’d hit them all but we have a jam packed schedule.

Offline Martin S.

Re: Tandy Leather Factory or Store?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:40:35 PM »
The factory store will have a better selection.

We have a big factory store in Ft. Worth.  Much better selection than the smaller stores.

Offline longcruise

• Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
Try to hit them all.  I have gotten good deals on unadvertised store managers specials!
Mike Lee

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 10:38:42 PM »
Don't forget to apply for Tandy's United States Military Appreciation Program.  The program entitles you to their Elite pricing.  It is a pretty big savings.
David

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 07:07:15 AM »
Thanks David.  I went to the Tandy factory and what a great experience.  There were piles of hides stacked to the ceiling with unreal prices.  I paid $50 for a 2-3 oz half hide.  I dont know how I’m going to get it in the suitcase,  but I got a great deal.

Offline Hefner

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 05:27:19 PM »
There used to be a Tandy store on the northwest corner of Curry Rd. and Scottsdale Rd. just north of the Salt river.  I have bought many things there over the years.

If you can't fit the leather in your suitcase pack it up and ship it by UPS, FedEx, or USPS.  It will be cheaper than an extra bag on an airline.

Steve