Author Topic: Lets see some shooting bags......  (Read 12413 times)

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
Re: Lets see some shooting bags......
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2019, 12:30:54 AM »
t. caster.   I really like that pouch. 

Offline t.caster

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2019, 03:55:32 AM »
I'll be looking for another one tomorrow at the Kalamazoo show.     

Mr. Rose doesn't make them anymore.
Tom C.

Offline sqrldog

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2019, 05:15:38 AM »
My current shooting bag by David Marcieca. Horn is a Gerald Dukes creation. Good quality bag.

online roll dice

Offline JohnnyFM

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »
Hello, here is one that I once made by my self for my Lehigh Rifle the horn is made by ArtDecamp.

Monty

Monty that Allen Martin rifle gun, Art DeCamp horn and your homemade bag work well together. 👍🏻

Offline JohnnyFM

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2019, 02:49:56 PM »
Here’s a small (6 1/2” wide by 7” deep) double pouch that I just finished up. Veg tanned cowhide, hand-woven strap, cordovan Fiebing’s dye, brass buckle on the adjustment strap, handmade brass rings for the strap-bag connection.

Beautifully done Mr. Pennel. “Picnicking,Mr. Pennel!?” Sorry, couldn’t help but think of Capt Nathan Brittles. Looks like spring has sprung in your part of the woods, Mr Pennel.

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2019, 01:37:40 AM »
Monty, that is a tastefully done bag for sure.   God Bless,   Marc

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2019, 02:57:17 AM »
I like to have a separate bag and horn for each rifle, or at least calibre, but a separate bag is the only important thing.  I can use my 3Fg horn(s) for a variety of rifles, and similarly with the 2Fg horn(s).  I also have several priming horns that I carry on cords around m' neck.
So here are a few of my favourites...

The bag above I purchased from a member of this forum several years ago.  It is my .50 cal bag.  It has a lined flap, a hanging pouch for balls on the inside back, two compartments and a pouch under the flap.  I like these features as it organizes my stuff, and I keep the same theme with most of my bags.

These three images are of the same bag.  It is my Hawken bag.  It and several others of my bags are made from some great leather I bought from one of our members several years ago, and I still have some left over.  It too has inside and outside pouches and compartments.  It is accompanied by a large horn that will take a full pound of powder.

These images are of my .40 cal bag.  I have three rifles in that calibre, so it gets a lot of use, as you can see.  It is made of brain tanned moose hide, lined with canvas, and edged with brain tanned deer skin.

And last is my smoothbore bag.  It services my Chambers' Penn fowler 20 gauge, mostly with patched round ball.  It's made of canvas lined with denim patch material, per TC Albert's great article in Muzzlelaoder mag a couple years ago.  I made my haversack using the same design, but bigger.  It is a double bag.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline art riser

Offline Monty59

« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2019, 12:07:44 PM »
Hello everybody, here a few bag's  I have made in last years. The powder horn's made by Scott Sibley and Art DeCamp. Sometimes I made also patch knives/small screwdrivers and powder measures by myself.

Monty