Author Topic: Log Cabin Shop Trades Event  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Zachary

Log Cabin Shop Trades Event
« on: October 11, 2018, 04:06:07 PM »
I was wondering if anyone could tell me from past experience what size of event this is this weekend? I just found out about it and it’s a 3.5 hour drive for me to get there. I visited an event this summer that had such a big crowd you basically had to get in line and shuffle along from booth to booth. I don’t enjoy crowds like that. I’m toying with the idea of trying flintlocks but have never shot one and was also wondering if it’s possible to meet with people and maybe shoot one a time or two? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Zachary

Online smokinbuck

Re: Log Cabin Shop Trades Event
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:52:46 PM »
Weather permitting this is a nice show and the crowd is typically not what you describe. There will be at least half a dozen large tents with vendors and makers, demonstrations going on, last year it was by Ian Pratt. Other vendors will also be set up. The store and museum will also be open.
Mark
Mark

Offline Zachary

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:06:57 PM »
Thanks I may just try to make it.

Offline dapper

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 08:01:47 PM »
Just an FYI they are expecting this event to be bigger than usual this year. Should be worth checking out!

Offline trentOH

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 04:36:16 AM »
Hello Zachary, welcome!
Whereabouts do you live? Maybe someone would take a potential new flintlock shooter under their wing if they are nearby. Figuring everything out by yourself is the hard way. Having a mentor is so much more enjoyable.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 07:49:41 PM »
I did make it and it was well worth it. I live in northern Indiana I had about a 4 hour drive. I’d like to find someone close to help me learn the ropes but haven’t come across anyone yet.

galudwig

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 03:19:10 AM »
If you are anywhere near Columbia City, Indiana, I know of someone who may be willing to help you out.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 05:51:04 PM »
I’m about an 1 1/2 west and north.

galudwig

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 08:11:36 PM »
That's a pretty good drive.  However, if still interested, PM me and I will give you his contact info. He certainly helped me out a bunch when I started out.