Author Topic: John Bullard rifle  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Wayne Holcombe

John Bullard rifle
« on: October 11, 2018, 02:34:37 AM »
Does anyone have some clean photos of the John Bullard rifle in the RCA vol. 2 rifle #119 especially the engraving ?

Offline vanu

Re: John Bullard rifle
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:53:54 AM »
The Bullard is owned by the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation and is on permanent display in the Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Gallery. Best to contact Eric Goldstein, Arms Curator at Colonial Williamsburg; Eric likely has photographs available for research purposes. (757-229-1000)

Bruce

Offline Wayne Holcombe

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 03:55:50 AM »
Thanks,I'll give him a call.

bnail

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 05:29:08 AM »
I apologize in advance, because I know this isn't what you're looking for, but I think the third (full) rifle is the RCA #119 Rifle.
at least its a color shot and it was at Colonial Williamsburg as of 2 years ago.

the original photo is much larger  (3.5 mb) but Photobucket has seriously diminished the resolution.  just hollar if you want it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:09:28 AM by bnail »

Offline Wayne Holcombe

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 01:08:49 AM »
I need up going to the computer and enlarging the engraving until I could figure out how the pattern goes.I built the rifle back in the early 90's when I worked with John Bivins,he was going to do the engraving but we never got together on that before he passed.I ended up doing a lot of the engraving but never finished it.Over the years I've misplaced the patterns so I've started making patterns for the couple I still have to do.A recent open heart surgery has convinced me that if I plan on completing all the projects I've got stacked in the corner I Bette r get productive.

Offline vanu

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 04:01:51 AM »
You could also contact Wallace Gusler, he has quite the archive and was instrumental  in getting CW to acquire this rifle for the collection.