Author Topic: Stocks from mexico  (Read 1391 times)

J.E. Moore

Stocks from mexico
« on: October 12, 2018, 12:31:03 AM »
We're these stocks sold through Dixie gun works?

Offline T*O*F

Re: Stocks from mexico
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 01:09:45 AM »
What stocks?
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

J.E. Moore

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 02:12:13 AM »
The one I have is stamped in ink "made in mexico" inside the barrel channel.  Probably from the seventies. A full stock.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:45:25 AM by J.E. Moore »

Offline FALout

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 03:48:04 AM »
Your not being very clear about your question.  Maybe a pic or an explanation of what you are asking about.
Bob

J.E. Moore

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 01:57:21 PM »
I bought a 32 cal. flintlock rifle a few years back off of a online gun auction. The rifle was rather ugly looking like a cross.between a boat paddle and a hockey stick so I got it at a decent price. The rifle does shoot very well, the barrel is stamped Dixie gun works 32cal. It looks much like a Douglas barrel to me. The triggers are stamped made in Italy and are of the double/single set type. The lock is Italian as well. The hardware looks like some of the ones I remember the selling. The stock is plain maple and looks like what some of the Dixie kit guns look like from then. I found it odd that it was ink stamped inside the barrel channel made in mexico. I wasn't aware that they were longrifle stocks made in mexico bit of course there's alot I don't know. I have read that Kirkland had purchased parts from Europe and other places.
 Im in the process now of reshaping the stock trying to make it look decent. I plan on putting some fake stripes on it as well. I'll have to repair some of the inlets as well, there poorly done.
 I guess I just found it odd that a longrifle.stock to be cut out and rough shaped in Mexico and was curious as if these were imported and sold through dgw.