Author Topic: First build, Kibler Colonial rifle kit  (Read 1397 times)

marshall0351

First build, Kibler Colonial rifle kit
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »
I became interested in blackpowder, longrifles, mountainmen, when I was 19 years old, I have wanted to do this for a long time and finally get the chance. That was 32 years ago, I had to put all things aside so my wife and I could raise our 3 kids. Now that they are grown and gone, I get to start back up where I left off. Dan Fruth will be giving a class at the Colonial Artisans Guild in Millersburg OH, I am fortunate enough to be able to be a part of this. This kit is absolutely top notch. Thank you Jim Kibler, and thank you Dan Fruth. I've talked to Dan on the phone a couple of times and he was extremely informative, and helpful, can't wait for this class.

the adventures of isabel

Tbish

Re: First build, Kibler Colonial rifle kit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 11:09:41 PM »
Looks like you're going to have some fun good luck

Offline stubshaft

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 06:16:04 AM »
Looks like a Cherry Wood stock. 
I'd rather die standing, than live on my knees...

marshall0351

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 07:25:58 AM »
Yes it does look like cherry, it's actually maple, pics were taken with phone and the colors get a little off, it's also hard to tell it but this stock has  flame from one end to the other, I'll try and get a better pic this weekend with a better camera. Going to Trade Fair  Days at The Log Cabin tomorrow, hope to meet a few people that I admire their work so may not get posted till Sunday.