Author Topic: Unicoi bag repro  (Read 1195 times)

Offline scottmc

Unicoi bag repro
« on: October 18, 2018, 04:53:51 AM »
During my trip to Tennessee a couple of weeks ago to see the rifle display at the smokey mountain heritage center, I visited another person who had many original rifles and a few bags and horns.  I've attempted to reproduce the bag that accompanied a lawing rifle and is a classic unicoi county bag according to the owner.  The original had a buckle on each side but i used one.  The original also had three copper rivets on each strap but I used two.  The flap molding and lines/dots are pretty much exact as is the molding down the center of the front panel.  The original was black but I don't have vinegaroon yet so I used walnut hulls.  I still need to apply either bear oil or ko cho line which should darken it a little.  Just thought I would share.  Very basic bag but I like them that way.

progressive insurance financial rating

harry potter fighting the basilisk
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:54:51 AM by scottmc »
Remember Paoli!

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

Re: Unicoi bag repro
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:46:39 AM »
 8) 8) 8)... great job, Scott,... !!! ... I also have seen this bag and thought the design on the flap was meant to represent a turkey track,...!!!,... keep up the good  work,... Unicoi   county folk would be proud of your work,....regards,.... Cades Cove Fiddler,....

Offline scottmc

Re: Unicoi bag repro
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 03:31:34 PM »
Thanks CCF.  I need to get better with incised lines and dots aren't exactly straight but close.  I'll be making a few more of these and try black to see how it looks.  Also gonna try a copy of that bag with he Douglas in the display.
Remember Paoli!