Author Topic: Bob Roller Stuff  (Read 1337 times)

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Bob Roller Stuff
« on: January 25, 2019, 04:42:35 AM »
Bob contacted me and asked if I could post some pictures for him, so here they are, and I expect he'll be along to comment in due course.

D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Bob Roller Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 05:12:18 PM »

Thanks again to Taylor.This pistol stock is an example of German CNC duplication in 1978
or maybe earlier.It's a copy of a Weber&Reusch (Vayber & Roysch) target pistol from
Switzerland.Helmut Mohr in Mayen/Hausen Germany was making them and was using
a modified T/C lock from one of their smaller rifles and there were grumbles from the
"powers that be" in the black powder part of the German Schuetzenverein about the
non traditional coil springs used in these locks.Helmut contacted me thru Guenter Stifter
and asked if I could copy that lock in a traditional "V" spring style.He sent this stock and
I made up a profile master and made up a number of locks as needed over a long period of time.
These pistols were match winners and maybe still are and so far no reported problems with
these locks.The single set triggers were made by the late Fritz Noll in Mayen and the
finished pistol is an elegant thing to say the least.The lock plate shown in the stock is T/C.

Bob Roller