Author Topic: Jurgan Kreckle rifle?  (Read 2655 times)

Big Ralph

Jurgan Kreckle rifle?
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:36:28 PM »
Hi All. Anybody here ever heard of or own a Kreckle rifle? I am looking to find a flint lock Kentucky style or a big bore Jaeger. He is from Pa. and no longer makes guns. Thanks.

Offline Daniel

Re: Jurgan Kreckle rifle?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 12:51:28 AM »
He mostly made matchlocks and snaphaunce guns. Not sure on others.
Daniel     Ecc.4:12

Offline Gunnermike

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 02:07:24 AM »
I have collected several pictures of Jurgen's work over the past years and all the photos are of matchlocks.  He has a distinctive logo on his lockplate that commbines the J&K into one symbol.  There was a matchlock on Track of the Wolf back in May and was listed in the $2400 range and I think sold within a week.  Never seen anything but matchlocks though.  Here's a couple of photos showing his touchmark:

Good luck on your search.  Mike
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:08:41 AM by Gunnermike »

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 02:30:05 AM »
I remember him from Dixon's in the late 90's and early 2000's.  He must have made some rifles because I remember talking to him and seeing a few - I remember a couple of decorated short German type rifles.  Like everyone else, though, what I most remember him for are the matchlocks.  He made a LOT of those.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Big Ralph

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 11:44:39 PM »
Hi Everyone. Here are some pictures of the Jaeger Rifle that was built by Jurgan Kreckle. This one is a 62 caliber. This is the type and quality gun I am looking for. I bought this one at Dixon show last year and I made the mistake of taking my grandson along to buy it and now I can't pry it out of his hands. This is the second Kreckle I bought. The first one, my son ran off with. LOL The next one is mine and I ain't gonna show it to anybody. Anyone see one of his guns floating around? Thanks.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 11:56:36 PM »
Guy has mad skilz. Would like to see the originals he bases his work on.
Andover, Vermont

Big Ralph

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 12:16:09 AM »
Sure would Rich!