Author Topic: shooting high off hand how come?  (Read 4577 times)

Offline recurve

Re: shooting high off hand how come?
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 09:36:54 PM »
Great  ;) advise keep it coming I'm sure I'm not the only guy that is flintlock challenged  :o

Steve Patterson

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2018, 09:20:29 AM »
Great  ;) advise keep it coming I'm sure I'm not the only guy that is flintlock challenged  :o

Agreed! Please keep it coming. I have multiple expert badges, but there's no plastic on my flinrlock stock and the butt is bent down ;)

Good info. Thanks for the thread

Offline recurve

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 03:02:56 AM »
Ok I got to shoot between rain storms here In swampy Pa . I used a tri pod and found that the sights are a little high and left from 25 (further left at 50 need to move the sights) I was scrubbing between shots trying to get the clean barrel first shot sight in . Then the 4f turned to gunk and the hang fires as result cause a major flinch on my part(I know... fallow through  , keep sights on target....) but found out the sights aren't that far off just have to learn how to shoot rock :o guns
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:29:50 AM by recurve »

Offline Daryl

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 09:47:52 PM »
Taylor will attest to my LOOOOOONNNNNG learning curve  to shoot a flintlock.
I would call it more of a struggle, due to shooting guns having TOO much recoil, since I got my first .458 in 1973.
 This developed a slightly delayed flinch, one that doesn't show with modern guns or cap-locks, but definitely displayed itself when shooting a flinter, almost every shot.
Now I can shoot a trail and perhaps only flinch a little bit
When shooting off a solid test, flint or percussion = no difference.
Offhand or standing, sometimes I make a good shot.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V