Author Topic: Butch Forman  (Read 2177 times)

Offline JPK

Butch Forman
« on: November 25, 2018, 05:42:10 AM »
I have this trade rifle and am trying to learn a bit about the maker. Wondering what barrel he used and any info on him.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Butch Forman
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 10:41:09 AM »
IIRC there was a guy by that name who shot with us in the WNS in Arizona back in the late 90s. I think he told me he was from Albuquerque.  Thats all that I can offer.

Offline JPK

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 08:51:10 PM »
Thanks Smylee I haven’t found anything else.

Offline Gary

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 07:48:32 AM »
Don’t know if your still interested but Butch Foreman was a gun builder from Andrews, Tx.  He owned a grocery stored called Speedway Grocery .  In the back he had a separate area called the The Black Powder Shop where he kept a wall of rifles , smooth bores and a lot of accessories.  He also was licensed to sell Black Powder and was a Goex distributor.  He apprenticed under Jack Garner out of Corinth, Mississippi. His wall always had several of Jacks guns to go along with his. He used Siler locks, Davis triggers and I don’t know what barrels he used the most, one of mine had a Douglas and the other a Green mountain.  I would imagine whoever Jack Garner was using during the late 8o’s and early nineties will be the same for Butch Foreman.  Butch died in 2014. Hope this helps a little.

Offline JPK

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 05:34:00 PM »
Thanks, Booger
That’s very helpful.

Offline ol gabe54

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 03:02:17 AM »
I had him build two rifles for me, both have  colraine barrels. Butch built good rifles.