Author Topic: Haversack #2  (Read 1407 times)

River Runner

Haversack #2
« on: January 03, 2019, 05:02:29 AM »
Just finished this haversack.  Not sure what the material is.  This started out as a machine sewn haversack with no buttons.  I got it as part of a trade.  I took it apart and rebuilt it with hand stitching, pillow ticking liner, and added the leather flap front. 

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
Re: Haversack #2
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 08:58:46 AM »
Very nice!
In His grip,

Dane

Offline trentOH

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 02:33:58 PM »
Say, that's pretty! I like the leather-to-strap attachment. It's a little bit of frill without going overboard.

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 05:30:38 PM »
I like that a lot!  Where did ya get the buttons?

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

River Runner

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 01:26:16 AM »
I got these at last year's Ft. Frederick Market Fair.  But you can find them here and there on the internet.  They are reproductions of the 18th century 1" French Marine buttons.  Try C&D Jarnagin.  (www.jarnaginco.com)

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 05:24:23 AM »
Thanks for the tip, I’ll check them out

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 09:09:42 PM »
Now that is just beautiful.  I had to stare at it twice.  Well done sir.  Very well done indeed.

It reminds me a LOT of one I saw a fellow wearing in Colonial Williamsburg at the Governor's Palace.  I asked him where he got it, and he noted that he made it.  He used it for his various needs during the work day.  I liked his, and I like yours.   

God Bless,   Marc