Author Topic: TVM: Subpar?  (Read 11034 times)

Online Eric Krewson

Re: TVM: Subpar?
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2018, 08:57:34 PM »
I would order it with a Chambers late Ketland lock as they are the most common on a southern rifle and short of a Roller they are about the fastest lock out there.

Smokey Plainsman

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2018, 09:36:45 PM »
I would order it with a Chambers late Ketland lock as they are the most common on a southern rifle and short of a Roller they are about the fastest lock out there.

I did order a Late Ketland for my gun. It’ll be plain, but with nice wood, a good lock, and a nice swamped barrel.

Offline Kopfjaeger

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2018, 09:38:43 PM »
Mike Miller makes some really nice custom flintlocks.     http://millerlongrifles.com/
" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Offline Kopfjaeger

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2018, 10:10:19 PM »
Not a TVM. My .36 caliber poor boy style squirrel rifle.

" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2018, 12:40:45 AM »
My friend Frank has a TVM Tennessee rifle he paid $700 used.  It does not have the best shape, as it is a little too thick in the fore end and wrist  It is however a very good shooter.  Quick, dependable lock and accurate.  No complaints for the money.  I have seen nice rifles in every respect come out of his shop.  Like any builder, quality takes time, and time takes money.
Quality, schedule, price; Pick any two.