Author Topic: Shooters or clubs near Colonial Heights, Virginia  (Read 1172 times)

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
Shooters or clubs near Colonial Heights, Virginia
« on: January 11, 2019, 04:11:13 AM »
Hello all. Have a friend in Colonial Heights,Virginia that is really interested in getting into our hobby.
 Any one here in that area that could possibly mentor him in the right direction? He is interested in traditional sidelock guns,and hunting. Thanks a heap, Dave F in WV 8) 8)

Colonial Heights is just north of Richmond,I think

Offline Molly

Re: Shooters or clubs near Colonial Heights, Virginia
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:39:04 AM »
I think there is a private club down 460 about half way between Petersburg and Suffolk but I also think they shoot all sorts of firearms.  Do some google searching for Virginia Gun Ranges, check the NRA website for the same.  Might also try to connect with the NMLRA.  A lot of their activities seem to be on private member property but then they also post their events and some are on private ranges yet open to the public for the ML shoots.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:57:51 AM »
Hello all. Have a friend in Colonial Heights,Virginia that is really interested in getting into our hobby.
 Any one here in that area that could possibly mentor him in the right direction? He is interested in traditional sidelock guns,and hunting. Thanks a heap, Dave F in WV 8) 8)

Colonial Heights is just north of Richmond,I think

Colonial Heights is south of Richmond and fairly close to James River Black Powder Club https://sites.google.com/site/jrbpcusva/home

I am not a member but have shot there, nice facility and good people. Probable less than 20 miles from Colonial Heights VA.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountainman70

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 06:24:14 AM »
Thanks Molly and Dennis. I just sent him the link.Looks like a good bunch. Good evening to ya. Dave 8) 8)

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 10:55:15 PM »
The one Molly mentioned seems to be a good one.  I'm not a member, either, but did go to one of their rendezvous and had a very fine time with the group.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 01:37:11 AM »
The one I mentioned is a black powder only club and is the closest to Colonial Heights. I think the one Molly is talking about is in/near Wakefield. Probably this one https://airfieldshootingclub.org/airfield-shooting-club-membership-information/
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountainman70

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 05:32:15 AM »
Thanks guys. I sent him the link, and wouldn't ya know, he knows several of the folks mentioned in the contacts,and lives a few miles from their range.Didnt even know they existed. he does now,thanks to you . My appreciation to all. Dave f 8) 8)