Author Topic: John Schippers engraving.  (Read 2628 times)

Offline EC121

John Schippers engraving.
« on: January 21, 2019, 06:34:01 AM »
It's all Stoner Creek's fault.  He gave me two days to look at the rifle and a good price to boot.  Here is a good goal for the beginning engraver to work toward. www.bricestultzhisblog.blogspot.com
Brice Stultz

Offline Carl Young

Re: John Schippers engraving.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 06:49:23 AM »
I was tempted, but too many other projects needed funding. I'm glad to know it has been adopted by a good home!  :)

Carl
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses. -Juvenal

Online Stoner creek

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 03:21:39 PM »
I’m proud to help! That’s what friends are for!!
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 05:50:44 PM »
That's really nice, classic Schippers. BTW it's a Chambers lock, not L&R. I had John do a Double I made  many years ago, before he got famous. He did the checkering as well. Didn't mead to steal your thunder Brice.... :-\ These two guns really show off John's capabilities.

NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline EC121

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 07:21:36 PM »
Right you are, Mike.  I was typing faster than I was thinking.  Nice pictures.
Brice Stultz

Offline RVAH-7

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 06:53:15 AM »
In addition to a beautiful double with  spectacular engraving, it is nice to see a little wear & tear on those frizzen faces.  Yes, use that gun!

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 04:47:40 PM »
In addition to a beautiful double with  spectacular engraving, it is nice to see a little wear & tear on those frizzen faces.  Yes, use that gun!
That gun has had 10's of thousands of rounds through it. The owner is the regular "Top Gun" winner on the sporting clays range at Friendship 2X a year. He also shoots lots of skeet down there, It's a big gun, Damascus 14 bore  wild fowling barrels. That gun goes right around 9lbs. I wish I had some better pictures of it, these don't do it justice. It's probably been 12-15 years since I have seen it in person. The trigger guard and entry pipe are cast out of old dimes.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 08:56:51 PM »
Mike:  one of my life's pleasures is attending our BC Rendezvous every fall, where I get to see many of my rifles and guns again.  It's like having the kids come for a visit.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.