Author Topic: Richard K Miller Scrapers?  (Read 4799 times)

Online Frozen Run

Richard K Miller Scrapers?
« on: February 07, 2019, 12:35:23 AM »
I'm looking to purchase a full set of his scrapers that he has advertised on the CLA but I fear the contact information that is listed is no longer valid. Does anybody have any current contact information or if he is a member here if he could please pm me so that I can set up purchase arrangements. I would greatly appreciate any help regarding the matter. Thank you.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Richard K Miller Scrapers?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 02:02:46 AM »
  Try this:  minisuem@live.com

Picked it off the CLA website: https://www.longrifle.com/all-artisans/?filter_15=&filter_16=miller&mode=any

Tim C.

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 06:58:09 PM »
Thank you, but unfortunately that is the email that I have yet to get a response from. Additionally, the phone number he listed on the CLA leads to some generic something's not set up or isn't valid message.

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:20:48 PM »
Mr. Miller has just contacted me and kindly explained that the email I sent him somehow got relegated to his junk mail. He also stated that he has his scraper sets ready for shipment. Thank you again for your help. 

galudwig

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 02:03:51 AM »
You won't be disappointed. I love my set!

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 07:44:36 PM »
Thank you, I am looking forward to receiving mine! Also, Mr. Miller confirmed that both his email and phone number are correct and current on the CLA. I think I just panicked here, sorry for any confusion.

Offline mony

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 09:23:57 PM »
Very well made tools.

Offline Gordy

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 04:40:36 AM »
You can also purchase nice scrapers from the Colonial Homestead
144 A W. Jackson St.
Millersburg, Ohio
Ph.330-600-9445
Owner Dan Raber
He makes the scrapers himself, sells individual scrapers or you can buy the set. Buddy of mine has had his for quite some time and loves them. I just picked some up today from Dan. Well made tools indeed.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 02:23:58 AM »
You can also purchase nice scrapers from the Colonial Homestead
144 A W. Jackson St.
Millersburg, Ohio
Ph.330-600-9445
Owner Dan Raber
He makes the scrapers himself, sells individual scrapers or you can buy the set. Buddy of mine has had his for quite some time and loves them. I just picked some up today from Dan. Well made tools indeed.

Go up Millersburg way a lot, is that a store front, as you can walk in? I'll call.

Thanks, Tim C.

Offline Gordy

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:20:31 AM »
Why yes it is, they are not open on Sundays. It's Amish operated, Dan is a rifle builder himself. He has a good selection of used woodworking tools. He actually a makes the scrapers himself. The store is located at the address I listed in the previous post. My shootin buddy has had his scrapers for over a year, he is very impressed with them. He has never had to sharpen yet. So i decided I would buy me some yesterday, Dan was set up at the Campus Martius show at the museum in Marrietta. If you need any more information let me know. You may want to call to confirm his business hours.

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 08:38:14 PM »
That place looks dangerous, like you could buy half the shop and still be upset with yourself during the drive home for passing up on something.

Online Frozen Run

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 07:16:38 PM »
You won't be disappointed. I love my set!

I received my set a couple of days after ordering them after that last post and they are magnificent! An incredibly friendly person as well.